• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

IF.... 12/9

Diesel

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, StonedDogs said:

I dont think he blows up with Dame, Giannis, Lopez, Middleton all players better than him by a long mile and playing for his daddy.

That trade would not help either team 

That's not the point. 

Say we make that trade and AJ takes over the SG spot from  Whoever the hell they got right now.. and he becomes an allstar... 

Would you be mad that we couldn't unlock that in him?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Dumb trade so I guess yeah I would be mad.

If I were asking you to evaluate the trade, then you'd have a point.. I guess.   I take it from your answer that you have point some value on AJ.   However, whatever value you have put on him... from his PT, he's not living up to it.   I would say that Snyder is no different than Nate as far as playing Young players. .. BUT Forrest has seen PT.  Matthues (maybe not the youngest) have seen PT.    Maybe AJ just is not worthy of the value that you placed on him?

23 hours ago, Diesel said:

That's not the point. 

Say we make that trade and AJ takes over the SG spot from  Whoever the hell they got right now.. and he becomes an allstar... 

Would you be mad that we couldn't unlock that in him?

YES !!

• Moderators
On 12/9/2023 at 12:13 AM, Diesel said:

If the Hawks made the trade below and AJ blow up... would you be mad?

image.png

Would I be mad if we gave up on AJ after a promising rookie season and rough start to this year and traded him for two low upside role players and then AJ blew up in a good way?  

Of course.  Is there any answer other than GM’s emphatic yes!!! to this?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

Would I be mad if we gave up on AJ after a promising rookie season and rough start to this year and traded him for two low upside role players and then AJ blew up in a good way?  

Of course.  Is there any answer other than GM’s emphatic yes!!! to this?

Believe it or not, the Bucks are very high on AJJ. 

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Believe it or not, the Bucks are very high on AJJ. 

He is a second round pick who has played barely any more than Wesley Matthews.  They are high on him like we are on Mo Gueye.  If we trade AJ for him and AJ kills it, I will be very pissed.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

He is a second round pick who has played barely any more than Wesley Matthews.  They are high on him like we are on Mo Gueye.  If we trade AJ for him and AJ kills it, I will be very pissed.

Well, the trade can be Aj for anybody.. but if AJ kills it after a trade, I guess that speaks to our inadequacy of developing talent. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
20 hours ago, Diesel said:

Well, the trade can be Aj for anybody.. but if AJ kills it after a trade, I guess that speaks to our inadequacy of developing talent. 

That is fair.  If AJ blows up anywhere other than Atlanta I won't like it.  But I will be less ticked off if we trade him for a player I'm excited to have as a Hawk than if we trade him for someone who looks like a current and future bench warmer to me.

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, AHF said:

That is fair.  If AJ blows up anywhere other than Atlanta I won't like it.  But I will be less ticked off if we trade him for a player I'm excited to have as a Hawk than if we trade him for someone who looks like a current and future bench warmer to me.

Honestly though I don't expect him to 'blow up'.   I think his range is probably from Doug Mcdermott and Gary Trent. 

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Honestly though I don't expect him to 'blow up'.   I think his range is probably from Doug Mcdermott and Gary Trent. 

I think he can be better than that if he hits his ceiling but those are certainly in the range of outcomes I would see.

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, AHF said:

The only thing I have to say with that is that our recent track record doesn't lead me to believe that us trading anybody will yield a good player that most of us will be happy with. 

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I saw a lot in AJ... and maybe it's the sophomore slump... but he's not the same player I remember from last year.  That said, I'm not ruling out that he can blow up.   Especially with the right guidance.   I picked out Milwaukee because Daddy may know how best to use his son.   That why I reconfigured my statement that the trade could be for anybody (Because some were caught up on the trade valuation... and it's not about that).   

I guess it's a referendum on the state of AJ is what I'm really looking at.  And you have given your take but the real question is do you think we have seen all that he has?  I still don't.   I think he can be a Murray level player.  DJ that is... And he has perfect size but poor lateral quickness.   I just don't know if we're getting the most from him by benching him and waiting. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I saw a lot in AJ... and maybe it's the sophomore slump... but he's not the same player I remember from last year.  That said, I'm not ruling out that he can blow up.   Especially with the right guidance.   I picked out Milwaukee because Daddy may know how best to use his son.   That why I reconfigured my statement that the trade could be for anybody (Because some were caught up on the trade valuation... and it's not about that).   

I guess it's a referendum on the state of AJ is what I'm really looking at.  And you have given your take but the real question is do you think we have seen all that he has?  I still don't.   I think he can be a Murray level player.  DJ that is... And he has perfect size but poor lateral quickness.   I just don't know if we're getting the most from him by benching him and waiting. 

We haven't seen everything.  He can definitely be good but let's be honest.  His strength is shooting but his weaknesses are defense and explosiveness.  So i'd say that there are a lot of wings in the league with his skillset unless he can raise his shooting to Korver level.  But that's still not a star player.  So assuming we get good talent back in sending him out i'm not worried that we'll see him in a bunch of all star games or anything. 

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

We haven't seen everything.  He can definitely be good but let's be honest.  His strength is shooting but his weaknesses are defense and explosiveness.  So i'd say that there are a lot of wings in the league with his skillset unless he can raise his shooting to Korver level.  But that's still not a star player.  So assuming we get good talent back in sending him out i'm not worried that we'll see him in a bunch of all star games or anything. 

He is also younger than most of the 2023 draft class.  Plenty of time to develop especially given that his development was slowed by injuries before arriving in Atlanta.  Definitely not betting on a bunch of All-Star games but I'm also not going to say "all he can be is a role player" or anything at this early a stage in  his development.  I was really impressed with last  year's play as a baseline given he was a raw 19 year old.  This year is a rough stretch for sure but I'm not giving up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Mos def - I think it's a struggle with Quin's scheme.

The shooting is off off...  That's not scheme related.   And he doesn't make the best decisions.   He's not as bad as OO or Matthues but it's up there. 

• Like 1