Hawks as a whole are a

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

Low IQ team.  Just bad decisions all the way around.   Trae shooting 30 ft 3s with 11 seconds on the shot clock makes no sense at all.  Up 15 with 2:21 to go and making dumb bonehead decisions by most of the players and almost letting the other team come back and win the game.  This team will never win consistently playing this way.  

This is a big problem

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'd rather him shoot it if no one else can make a play.

Part of Atlanta's offensive struggles in the fourth quarter was that Trae Young didn't take a shot for the final 9:44 of the game. OKC was blitzing him aggressively and the rest of the Hawks didn't make them pay for it enough.

You know why I'm here...

oprah-winfrey-shrug.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The problem isn't that we can't shoot lights out in the last quarter.. it's that we have a mentality of pulling off the gas and we have no defensive stoppers. 

If we are up big in the 4th quarter with a double digit lead with 2 minutes to go, we need to have our rotational Marcus Smart and OG Anunoby type players at the point of attack so we can keep them from going on a run themselves. We can't keep expecting to outshoot a team for 48 minutes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, theheroatl said:

The problem isn't that we can't shoot lights out in the last quarter.. it's that we have a mentality of pulling off the gas and we have no defensive stoppers. 

If we are up big in the 4th quarter with a double digit lead with 2 minutes to go, we need to have our rotational Marcus Smart and OG Anunoby type players at the point of attack so we can keep them from going on a run themselves. We can't keep expecting to outshoot a team for 48 minutes.

Actually not a bad point.  With our defense, we can't afford to throttle down. 

• Like 1

Save our best shooters for the final minutes of the game, regardless of the score.  Quit trying to kill the clock because we have a lead.  Play as if you were tied or behind and trying to catch up!  Hawks are not a "kill the clock" team.  They are a scoring team.  Apparently, they quit really trying to score.  Bad idea.  It doesn't work.  Not for this team.  

:ahf:

• Like 3

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'd rather him shoot it if no one else can make a play.

Part of Atlanta's offensive struggles in the fourth quarter was that Trae Young didn't take a shot for the final 9:44 of the game. OKC was blitzing him aggressively and the rest of the Hawks didn't make them pay for it enough.

I'll admit I didn't get to see the 4th qtr last night but I will say Trea as good as he is shoots us out of the lead in some games.  

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

I'll admit I didn't get to see the 4th qtr last night but I will say Trea as good as he is shoots us out of the lead in some games.  

When's the last time Trae shot us out of a lead? I think it's been a long time.