• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Poll of the Day 1/4

Diesel

Who would you rather have...  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

This is the clash of offense vs. Defense with both guys being exceptional passers for their position. 

You also have to consider personality.

• Moderators

Jalen wins it handily in the per minute metrics and I think there is more to come from him.  I'll grant that I am probably biased given how I know that Josh was not able to become the floor stretching forward he wanted to be and that Jalen is becoming.  But I'll take pre-3pt-shooting Josh Smith on my team in any era.  Any 2 of Jalen, Josh, Millsap and Horford playing together is a very strong and versatile passing frontcourt pair.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, AHF said:

Jalen wins it handily in the per minute metrics and I think there is more to come from him.  I'll grant that I am probably biased given how I know that Josh was not able to become the floor stretching forward he wanted to be and that Jalen is becoming.  But I'll take pre-3pt-shooting Josh Smith on my team in any era.  Any 2 of Jalen, Josh, Millsap and Horford playing together is a very strong and versatile passing frontcourt pair.

It's hard not to like Josh by the eye test. 

He's getting damn near 3 bpg and 2 spg.   That's impact.   He's not a floor stretching 4 but he never had problems getting to the bucket.   His mentality was before his time.   He wanted to be Lamar Odom but just wasn't. 

10 hours ago, Diesel said:

This is the clash of offense vs. Defense with both guys being exceptional passers for their position. 

You also have to consider personality.

Also have to consider the way the game is played today.

Could Smith still get the amount of blocks he did back then, in today's game?

I also think in today's game, the top of the arc 3s that Smith took, would not be frowned upon nearly as much.

And Smith's FG% goes way up playing alongside Trae.

For what this team needs right now, Smith would be the guy.

But JJ's overall potential is greater.

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

And Smith's FG% goes way up playing alongside Trae.

Can you imagine Trae finding Smith in Traffic?  PNR?  On the Break?

Smith was one of the games best finishers.   I think JJ will be one of the games best finishers too.  He's the same type of fearless.