• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Someone explain that tweet everyone is talking about with the leaked text messages...................

Wurider05

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, theheroatl said:

The worst part of that supposed tweet is it's blatantly wrong... DJ isn't placed as a spot up shooter, he frequently has the ball in his hands. 

The worst part of it all is posters going buck wild about it. 

The team is losing, people want to blame things. The fact is, trades will happen because our frontcourt is abysmal. 

• Capela is declining fast, OO regressed, Bey sucks.

• Fans are flat out idiots sometimes,[hidden, though y'all can figure it out ~lw3] because they don't think about the reason for losing and the present issues, just what the media puts out there to cause stir and clicks.

• There are plenty of front-office sharks that want to snatch up the good parts of this team and leave us remaining with the problem issues.

• Good parts: Trae, DJ, JJ

• Bad Parts: OO, Capela, Bey

• You guys really think swapping guards is gonna get us somewhere? How about looking at the real issues instead of fake twitter.

I'm not sure why we are always so quick to polarize everything.  We have roster issues and we have chemistry issues.  Both things are true and legitimate concerns.  I don't think anyone believes bringing in one player is going to fix everything.  I know that I don't believe that.  There are some that think just improving the offense will turn it around and some who think we only need to tighten up the defense.  Regardless, I think EVERYONE knows that we have issues all over the court, especially the front court given that we've only been discussing it for 3 years.

This is derailing the thread though as a specific question was asked and people answered with their opinion.  Commentary of the accuracy of the message is wholly irrelevant.  The subject of the practice/in-game discrepancy made the comment, is a Hawks player, and also just happens to be the subject of the trade rumors.  In doing this, Dejounte has literally taken public shots at his own coach.  There's a reason why they don't let this stuff get out.  There is no universe where you can convince me that player rifts don't affect the game...especially when things are not going well.

No one is any more of an idiot for pointing out the obvious chemistry issues anymore than you would be for pointing out the obvious problems with our roster.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Wurider05 said:

https://twitter.com/btrowland/status/1752060062862835822?s=46&t=dBLyV43_iGgzOBRNUPRJWA

Looks like Quin wants to keep DJ and believes that he can make it work. What do you think?

I think Quin has a major deciding voice in roster decisions and wants us to keep him until there's a trade that makes more sense.  I appreciate him saying this publicly though.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Was this lobbying before or after DJM blasted him as a liar on social media?

Probably doesn't matter -- Quin has a high EQ, he's not going to do or say anything that isn't positive public messaging, whether the reason is just to be professional or to project value to other FOs while we shop Murray

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1