• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What's going right, what's going wrong with the Hawks. Supes edition

NBASupes

On 2/3/2024 at 4:23 PM, Phunkabilly said:

Been clamoring for him for a while now myself.  The only DJ trade rumor I was excited about was for Murphy and Herb Jones that Sothron mentioned a while back.  Think he would fit extremely well with Quin's system.

BOTH Herb and Murphy?  

27 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

BOTH Herb and Murphy?  

Trae/Herb/Murph/JJ/Claxton with Bogi/OO off the bench 

Move Hunter (pick?) for Claxton/Royce

Bey/Capela for picks and maybe a big to send to Brooklyn

AJ for Grimes

Pick up Lowry (if he is available)

Trae/Lowry/Mills

Herb/Bogi/Kobe

Murph/Grimes

JJ/Royce

Claxton/OO

RES: Wes/GMat/Gueye/Lundy

Edited by Hawkish

• Premium Member
On 2/4/2024 at 7:50 AM, JTB said:

I don’t know what it is but Synder has found something that works for Trae & DJ and I’m loving it.

Trae seems to be dominating throughout the game and then DJ has been the go to clutch guy down the stretch in the 2nd half of the season.

I’m not sure if DJ likes what’s working but it is working.

i do believe if DJ has things going running point where we are gaining a lead then Quinn need to leave DJ in the game longer and let that fire run out.

You put Trae back in with a lead I believe he will keep things going especially as of late! Trae has been on absolute fire 🔥.

It's my favorite adjustment as of late -- we have stopped seeing the Trae iso at end of games.  Some of that is help from opponents doubling him and giving us advantage (that JJ has been instrumental in).  But generally, DJ is better to go to at the end of games because of his size and ability to get off high % mid rangers.  You generally just want a bucket in close games and a middie with a very high release point is going to be better than a step back 3 or desperation drive to the rim from a guy that's 6'0".  Trae is the engine but he cannot do literally everything, all the time, on offense.  Last few games have been refreshing to say the least

• Like 4