• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My grades on the first half

Dan Dickau B+ He struggled on defense early on but seemed to

pick up the intensity as the game went on.Some nice passes and

three's aswell as a nice bank shot at the end.He is 100% a Point

Guard.I don't see a Shooting Guard here.

Dion Glover B- He is stronger than the other guys on the floor,good

at getting to the FT line.

Dermarr Johnson F No improvement seen so far....Unaggressive,still

lacks ball handling skills and isn't active at all.

Haslem B Good rebounder and can score some junk baskets.He reminds

me of a Danny Fortson

I'm very disapointed in what I see from DJ so far.

Yeah, I agree but he just caught a lob pass for a dunk from Dickau. The announcers are saying DJ isn't ready when he gets the ball. I guess they mean he doens't know whether he want to shoot it or drive. They also said that in the 1st half it seemed like he was sulking because he wasn't getting the ball. BTW wha's up with out former draft pick scoonie Penn playing for the Bucks on their summer squad?

Hey question!

What channel are you guys watching the game on? Is it on ESPN or ESPN2? I set my VCR for ESPN2... wanted to make sure I wasn't about to be disappointed... Thanks!!!

Scoonie obviousally realized he had no place on the roster.

I hate to say it,but Dj is probably going to be a bust.He has

not given anybody a reason to think otherwise.

If you watch the plays, DJ is not a major part of the plays...He's there for the kick-out...In summer league there aren't many kick-outs...I will admit that when he does get the ball he doesn't know what he wants to do...He seriously lacks confidence.

I'm dissapointed with DJ's subpar ball handling.Alittle better

in the second half,but not that good for a 3rd year 6th pick

in the draft.He has a [censored] load of talent,but he seems un

intrested and doesn't have the desire to be a good player

Honestly other than building up his trade value Dion has no

business in these games.If he wanted to he could have scored

40-50 points in this game.It was like a workout in the game.

I was fairly impressed with Dan.I think he has a Steve Nash

type of game.He's more Nash than Stockton.But he is a PG

and I don't see how anyone could really suggest otherwise.

I think that we are reading too much into these summer games.

Dion is there to get back into playing shape and to see how well he has healed.

DJ is there to get time on the court. DJ proved that he is getting better last yr and in getting 15lbs bigger. Training camp will be different. This Summer/Pick-up league is not for him.

Eric is calling plays to evaluate everyone except Dion and DJ.

I do believe it would be a mistake to trade Dion

Dion is really making it hard for me to want to trade him. I really believe now that a package of him Nazr and Hendu could get us that 10mil player that Babs wants.

DJ looked much better in the 2nd half, but wow his ball handling is terrible. He may never be a good dribbler. He couldnt even take Gadzuric baseline.

What's up with trading Dion. He's an athletic wing guy who can score by taking it to the hole or hitting the J. He needs to step up on D and become consistent with his shot - but he's a young guy who will certainly improve on his game.

I'm all for keep ing DG...

Eric is a good coach.When Lon gets the boot next season we should

consider giving Eric a shot.

Summer League might not be DJ's best thing,but he should atleast

be able to take some of these scrubs one on one.Or if nothing else

be good at ball handling.

" but wow his ball handling is terrible."

being that is the case that cuts out most of his potential

If anybody should be traded it is Dermarr cause he flat out

sucks.

1. Dickau is unimpressive.

He cant defend, beat anybody off the dribble or nail the 3 with any consistency.

He reminds me of a shorter Pepe Sanchez from Temple.

Dribbles too much and cant get the pass into the post when needed, sometimes plays out of control. Clearly overmatched athletically.

He will improve over time, I hate that we had to commit to 3 guaranteed years, we couldve gotten him on the cheap.

2. Haslem has been a find, he is hungrier than the rest and it shows. I hope they can find a spot for him. Rebounders like him are hard to find. If he can defend out on the floor he could be Rodman-esque.

3. I'm not worried about DJ, he's doing the right thing, playin not to get hurt. He needs to stay on the perimeter where its safe, work on his jumper and his ball handling and he'll have a good summer. They'll be plenty of time in the regular season for high flying dunks.

4. Dion Glover should be moved if possible. He shined last summer as well, but the bottom line is Dion is a health risk. Not moving him while healthy and productive would be a big mistake. To move him for a healthier player would increase our depth and #of player games lost to injury.

5. Moving Nazr is premature. He was the Hawks MVP last season and thus far, Theo hasnt shown Jack. And who is going to back up Theo? Hendu? Leon? Mario Bennett???c'mon.

6. Hawks have some decent players in camp. I like Haslem, Bullock and Chris Carr. Considering our injury history it would be smart to keep them around. CC is already down so the ticker is already counting and we havent even begun.

Remember how JT always said that DerMarr was the team's best player in practice? JT and SAR know that they are our stars, so they try to let the other guys shine.

I think DerMarr may be doing the same. He's got nothing to prove in the Summer League, he showed us what he has towards the end of last season.

Guys like Haslem, Bullock, and Bennett are fighting to make someone's roster. They've got plenty to show. Dan and Dion are both playing to show us what they have. Dan, as our 1st Round Pick, it's not a lock that he will be 2nd string over E-Mail, I'm sure.

Dion probably has the most to play for. He has to show us that he's not a bust. That, after the injuries, he can still play. Dion wants to be on the floor, regardless if it's with us or another team, I'm sure some of those other coaches/GMs at the games may have taken notice. They've probably had some talks with Lon and/or Babs.

Reviewing the games of some of our guys...

Dickau: Wow. He's a much better passer than I thought. Several beautiful passes, right-on-the-money. He is going to be a good PG, not a SG.

Dion: Still the same aggressive Dion. I don't want to trade him anymore, unless we get a very handsome offer.

DerMarr: See above.

Haslem: He is a beast. Wouldn't be a bad choice to take the vacated spots left by Cal and Hanno.

Anybody else surprised to hear about Mussleman being a top cantidate for the GS job? Honestly, I didn't know he had such an impressive resume until listening to the game today. We may have two Assistant Coach vacancies soon...'Nique, are you out there?

I think Dj should be the one we get rid of.I bet Glover would

destroy Dermarr one on one.I honestly think(summer league

aside)Dion is more talented.

3. I'm not worried about DJ, he's doing the right thing, playin

not to get hurt. He needs to stay on the perimeter where its

safe, work on his jumper and his ball handling and he'll have a

good summer. They'll be plenty of time in the regular season

for high flying dunks."

I think you are dreaming dude.3 years and Dermarr is no better

than he was in season number 1.

"Moving Nazr is premature. He was the Hawks MVP last season and thus far,"

9PPG 7RPG is MVP?Man we are really in bad shape.

Bullock and Chris Carr are nobodies.