• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Here it is guys...The Deal's Done

TheDude

Exactly, YOU dont see that type of ability in Howard. First off what separates him from Shareef is that he talks the talk and walks the walk. Shareef can put up great numbers and score on anyone, but he is lazy when he doesnt get calls his way and couldnt lead this team out of a wet paper bag. Howard has come out and said he will be better than Lebron.....I love that about him, even if its not true.

Also, nobody is asking him to be the total savior of this team. We will be looking at Kobe/Martin plus adding Howard.....if all goes according to plan. Shareef has never played with a player like Kobe or even Martin. If we get one or hopefully both of them and you add a nastier, better ball handling and outside shooting with far better defense and 10 years younger than Shareef type of player to them thats some serious young potential for success.

Who knows though, maybe we wont get Kobe or Martin, maybe Howard will suck.....but I would rather be optimistic about our chances since we FINALLY have the ablility to start over and be out from under the Babcock spell. Maybe the losing stench can finally wear off of this team.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dolfan,

Wow! Sounds like he talks the talk, but he is FAR from walking the walk. In his television debut, he got virtually outplayed by the other stud. (forgot his name)

So, now, because Howard said he is better than Lebron ... he can lead a team? Come now. That's just silly.

Let's also remember that Howard is playing on the team with one of the best PGs in the country. That helps.

The chances of signing either Kobe or Martin is slim, much less both of them. Martin is overrated and wants the max. Sign him and you'll really regret it.

Play.

• Moderators

Quote:

Choro, You are asking [Howard] to take the tag of loser. He won't be able to turn it around, and you will all turn on him.

Doesn't that describe Kevin Garnett minus the fans turning on him part?

Quote:

Dolfan I have no doubt that he is ready, but the real question here is, what guarantee will it give us to be put in that position to draft him and say we do, with JT and Jax most likely gone before next season, who the heck will Howard play with, just Diaw?
this will be the laughing stock of the league.

This team was already the laughing stock of the league. The Hawks already play in an empty arena, had no shot at the playoffs, and had no chance at improvement. Every night, Stephen A. Smith, Kevin Frazier, or any other broadcaster, player, or media member was taking shots at this organization. It needed to be blown up, and I'm glad Knight had the balls to do it.

Also Reef is not 6'10". He is an unathletic 6'9". Howard has more athletic ability, better handles, and a bigger upside. I like Reef, so don't take my comments the wrong way, but the Hawks were going nowhere with him and that batch of players. Reef was the most marketable Hawk so he had to go. Do you think Portland would have traded Rasheed for Theo and JT? Hell no.

TROUBLEMAN