• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Boy Is Our GM Dumb!

sinctybldh

Well said.

People asking why keep Wallace who cares if we win five more games. This is where I disagee and I am probablly in a minority in this arguement.

I think with Wallace we would have made the playoffs. Go ahead and laugh. But, the fact is the East sucks Boston, Philly are going backwards they are going to keep losing. The only team we would have to worry about is Cleveland who only is two game ahead of us. Even if we get swept in the 1st round. It would bring some credibility back to this team.

I thought if we made the playoffs we would still have our first and plenty of money to go after free agents. This team would look a lot more attractive with a recent playoff appearance, our first round pick(Philly's in the future), new coach, new ownership, city of Atlanta and cap space.

Not to mention we could trade JT in the offseason for more capspace. Also, CC and Hendu will be coming off the books in 2005 for more space. That with a team that made the playoffs would be sexy to potential free agents.

I have already established in other posts my feelings on the draft. It's a crap shoot no matter where you pick. I'd rather get established NBA players. They would come if the above took place. But, now there is no chance and we have to rely on the crap shoot to get us good.

Well, the draft isn't going to turn it around for us. We will end up like the Bulls. Now what good will the cap space do. No one will sign with us, so we will overpay for marginal free agents.

P

I didn't know 1 game made a career. But, I guess in this case it does. Can't argue with that.

But, I like what I saw from this team last night. I would have liked to see it for the rest of the year.

Even if we didn't make the playoffs, guess what we will still be in the same position. But, now we will never know. At least we got a late 1st round pick.

Let's quit saying mid-first round. Because it isn't. Milwaukee is 18 and climbing. Not sinking. I don't think it will get lower than 17.

P

Yes, we have made mistakes in the past trading 1sts for Rahim and Dickau. Those were mistakes, but at some point you have to cut your loses, admit you're wrong, and try again. And we've set our selves up very well for that rebuilding(or trying again) process. 20 mil cap room, high first rounder, additional first rounder.

HAWKSFAN:

I agree 100%! If anything else, I feel emotionally energized, just knowing that I won't be seeing the same squad of losers out there next year. JT is the only one I ever felt strongly about, in terms of character, but I'd like to see him gone too. For more picks and cap space smile.gif

Phoostal: I believe that money talks. Who knows how greedy some of those guys can be? At least, I'm hoping that my misanthropic views of the average NBA player's base desires are correct.

Huh?

If we had kept Wallace for the end of the season, he would have left as a free agent.

The scrubs we got for Wallace will also leave after this season.

The only difference is the pick.

Unless you're going to argue that the Hawks would have made the playoffs, convinced Wallace to stay, offered a big extension to Wallace, which he would have then accepted?

I think that's even less likely than getting a solid player in the draft!

But 17 out of what, 30-32 picks in the first round is mid-round, not late first. Milwaukee hasnt done anything to make them any better than they have been and they wont pass up the better western teams ahead of them. Worst case scenario the pick is in the 20-22 range but thats still not end of the first round.

Hey I'm right there with you. I hope as well. But, I'm guessing it doesn't make a damn bit a difference. Look at the past three to four years with teams with cap room. They don't get anybody. The only team this proved successful for was the Orlando Magic. With G. Hill and TMac.

P