• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Got a feeling....

Diesel

I agree there's a chance PP will be dumped

But I think you are seriously overrating JT's value in that trade. We would be raping Boston. The only reason it''s even a remote possibility is because Danny Ainge has been making moves all season that make zero sense.

But even so, I don't see it

The Boston fans would have his head

Overrating JT? But what about a #1 or #2 pick (assuming we pick so high)???

JT is just to sweeten the pot a little. How could Boston sneer at such a high pick? They're not getting any better, dude, and they don't have any cap money.

BOSTON: Number one pick and JT for Pierce? Nah, we're pretty happy being a horrible team with no way to improve.

That would be a HORRIBLE trade. JT is good enough himself that he could get us a mid to late lotto pick alone because while we know he isnt the best starting PG in the league, he can still score as well as almost anyone and is still plenty young. Pierce is a greatly overrated player and we can do MUCH MUCH better by not making the same mistake we made with Gasol and take either Howard or Okafor and keeping JT or trying to package him with the late 1st to get into the 5-8 range for another impact player.

Honestly I think JT plus a lotto pick would be too much for Pierce, and besides Boston trading one stat padder for another isn't productive for the Celts. I think ORL would be a far better trade partner with us offering JT plus MIL's pick for their lotto. Could you imagine JT playing off of TMac? JT wouldn't have to run the offense at all and could just freelance off of McGrady's game to score at will. Having a strong personality like TMac barking at him might also help JT suck it up a little on the defensive end too, but who knows. Only question there is would we be willing to take on a less favorable contract (or two?)from the Magic? We'd keep some cap spcae for now, have some space in the future and have two lotto picks to develop in the meantime.

• Premium Member

Pierce is not producing. I think that Ainge is grown weary of Pierce not being able to produce.

Personally, I don't think it's a good trade I have asked about. Pierce's shooting percentage is very low.

However, Pierce is a good starting point. It would be awesome to get Pierce and Kobe. Or even Pierce and Wallace.

If Pierce is not producing, why would Atlanta want him?

That's a no deal.

Billy Knight made a strong point in an article recently when he mentioned that, because of trades, Atlanta has dealt top 10 draft picks in each of the past three drafts. Billy made the comment that a lot of talent was left off the team due to that.