• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How are you watching the games?

ersimo2889

Are you cheering for the Hawks to lose? or win? I know I should be cheering for them to lose so we can get a top 3 pick, but it's hard for me to do that when I watch this team that is playing their best basketball of the year. I keep thinking about that 8th seed in the playoffs, and how we might be able to get it if we make a good enough run. It's hard for me to be fan of a team and cheer against them. Plus, I don't really see anything special enough about Dwight Howard or Okafor to elicit us losing games on purpose. I think maybe a trip to the playoffs (albeit a loss in the first round) could be pretty damn valuable to this franchise that's heard nothing but criticism the last five years.

Maybe I'm seeing things all wrong, but I don't know what to think when I'm watching these Hawks games. How do you guys do it?

I feel the same way. I hate for any team I root for to

end up on the wrong end of the score.

This so called bundh of scrubs are good! They may not win,

but they are sure exciting to watch.

#8 is a long way ahead of us, but still -----

Go Hawks !!!!!

Have you noticed. Borid Diaw has quietly started

scoring a few baskets in his last few games.

Nothing spectacular, but if he can add 8-12 points per

game to his total effort, it makes a HUGE difference.

Go Hawks !!!!!

I always cheer for the Hawks to win. I'm a firm believer in not losing for picks. Makes you wonder how good this team could of been with Wallace. Surround him with good ball handlers and shooters and you got something.

I'm just glad slow mechanical reef is gone. He may be one of the worst passers out of the post ever. Its hard to run and play defense when you got slow/poor defenders.

Man Sura really handles the ball well and passes well.

If you give me the Wallace of a couple of years ago that was a post oreinted player who could shoot the jumper, yeah. That team would have been good.

However, I don't think the Rasheed Wallace that you currently see would have been any better for this team in the long run. Rasheed now is too fond of the three point shot and allows himself to be pushed out to the perimeter too often. Since the trade, Rasheed has only shot around 33% from the floor overall because he simply takes too many jump shots.

Defensively, he would have provided some blocked shots and was a good passer, but I don't think his impact would have been as big as you think.

• Premium Member

I am pulling for the Hawks to win. I finally got the chance (along with some motivation after the trades) to watch the Hawks tonight against the Sixers and I was very pleased. The team played with intensity that I did not notice from watching games earlier this year. It seemed like the players were actually enjoying playing basketball, rather than worrying about their image or money or whatever. Watching the game was refreshing because the Hawks actually looked decent (even if most people say they are just a bunch of scrubs).

I noticed that CC did a good job on Big Dog in the first quarter, and the team seemed to play good defense as a unit as well. Sura, CC, and Jackson could be valuable players next year is we can find a way to keep them around (namely Jackson and Sura).

I will be honest, as much as I will love to see this team win, right now is not a big deal to me if they win or lose. Now the plan that Knight drew up was to put together a very poor team and lose practically every game left, now actually the Hawks are playing as good as with Reef and Theo and probably better. They now have three 7-footers that can do a little bit of everything, they have a great ballhandler and passer in Sura, which can also be pesty on defense and has a very good offensive game, plus CC has really stepped up and so has Jax. Knight didn't envision this of happening but it is. The plan was to make all these trades and basically tank the season to have a chance to get a top 3 pick at least for the chance of Howard or Okafor, now if we traded Reef and Theo for this plan, then I rather see the Hawks lose than win, because the plan was to get a top 3 pick for a chance for those 2 studs.

Think about what your saying, "Should I be cheering for the Hawks to lose?" Anyone who says that is not a fan, I'm sorry. Besides if we are a sorry losing team, who wants to come here? I'm cheering my butt off for them to win more than ever before! I love this new-look Hawks who hustle all the time rather than just once in a while! Chris Crawford is making my heart flutter and I love what I see of Bobby Sura! Did you see that steal last night!! How can you watch these guys who have only played together for two games now and are playing there hearts out and root against them! Please listen to what you're saying. Don't be influenced by some of these other pseudo-Hawk fans on this site who say we should lose all our games. Cheer for them to win and stop apologizing for it! I'm certainly not!!!