• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bold Plan Needed!

hawks1

My proposed plan-

1. Keep falling apart this year. At the rate we are going, if we get the pick in the lottery that corresponds to our record, I believe we will have #2 - take either Okafur (next Duncan possible - noone thought he would be as good as he his - fundamental, smart, cool head, built, determined) or Howard (big upside, hometown boy).

2. Trade Alan Henderson, our #1 pick from Philly in 2005, and our 2nd Round Pick 2005 to Miami for Brian Grant (huge contract, good aggressive, defensive PF - his problem is that he has been asked to play C) and their 2004 2nd round pick in 2004. Miami does this to get more picks and allows them to get rid of big contract and be active in free agency.

3. Trade Jason Terry, Milwaukee's 2004 1st round pick (around 18) and our 2004 2nd round pick to Boston for Paul Pierce.

4. Go after Erik Dampier in free agency - sign to 4 year deal worth 40 million, but frontload it so we can be active in free agency in 2005. So, do 1st year at 12 mil, 2nd year at 8 mil, and 3rd and 4th at 9 and 11.

So, right now, have:

Starting Lineup:

PG - open

SG - Boris Diaw (2.5 mil)

SF - Paul Pierce (12mil)

PF - Brian Grant (12mil)

C - Erik Dampier (12mil)

Bench:

Chris Crawford - PF (3.5mil)

Omekafur or Howard - give time to develop (2.5mil)

Travis Hansen (1mil)

Miami's 2nd round Pick

Then, in free agency, go after good role players with 1 year contracts. Allows us to probably get in playoffs in 2005, but still have a 17-19 pick in draft. Furthermore, with Pierce, Grant, Dampier, Diaw (35mil), leaves enough money in 2005 free agency (b/c noone else under contract) to go after Ray Allen at 40 mil over 4 years (back load - 8, 10, 12, 10). Imagine in 2005 season with:

PG - Diaw

SG - Allen

SF - Pierce

PF - Grant - with Howard or Omakufur developing

C - Dampier

-This lineup gives us a defensive, power inside threat with Dampier and Grant, a slasher and scorer at Pierce, and outside lethal shooter with Allen, and an unselfish leader at point with Diaw and youth off bench.

Thoughts?

i like paul pierce but if they traded him for that, Boston would revolt...

I'm a Brian Grant fan and agree with you about him at his wrong position..However not sure about taking over his contract..how many years does he have left on it...