• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Clarification: The Picks we have in the Draft

KB21

The Atlanta Hawks have their own first round pick, which will be in the lottery and likely in the top 3.

The Hawks also have the Milwaukee Bucks 1st round pick, which is in the 17-19 area right now.

In the second round, the Hawks have their own second round pick, which should be within the top 3 picks in the second round. They have the Philadelphia 76ers second round pick as compensation in the Efthimios Rentzias trade a couple of years ago. This pick will be in the 37-38 area. They also have one of Orlando's two second round picks. This will complete the deal Orlando made to get Anthony Johnson in 2001. Orlando will have two picks, and they get to choose which one they send. It will likely be the lower of the two, which will come from Phoenix. That should be another pick in the 35-37 area.

So, Atlanta is in a good position. They will have 5 picks in the top 38 picks or so.

If second round picks aren't ever any good, why do they

even bother to have two rounds in the draft?

Also, our first round picks probably won't be any good either.

Since no one wants to sign as a free agent to play here,

why don't we just quit and give up the entire idea of

ever improving? Think of the money we could save!

Do you suppose Atlanta could get a Development League

franchise so that we could have someone in Phillips

arena when the Thrashers are not using it?

Oh well, guess we will just have to be content to watch

the rebuilt Braves for a while with no hopes for any

improvement for the Hawks.

If the Hawks have three picks between 30-40, they should definitely get at least one "player". The NBA is full of quality players drafted there. The only problem for Knight with that many picks in the 2nd round would be knowing which ones to offer two year guaranteed deals with a team option for a 3rd year to, giving the Hawks full Bird Rights (see Boozer). I would never recommend just a two year deal for 2nd rounders (see Arenas). The Hawks may or may not be under the Cap two years from now.

Hey KB are you absolutely sure about the pick from Orlando? I ask this because on NBAdraft.com there is no mention of them owing us a pick it mentions they have the option of swapping a 2ndround pick with the LA clippers. It also states that Atlanta is due a 2rnd pick from the Knicks in 2005 for the 3way trade that dealt away Mohammed.

No, some people are just dumb enough to fall for stuff

hook line and sinker. The fact remains that the Hawks

continue to be what they've always been... A CHEAP franchise

with no real type of sucess. Does anyone sign more 10

day contract scrubs than the Hawks?

I saying that most second round picks don't ever last on

the team and the Hawks have 3 second rounders. Two out of

those 3 likely will not remain with the team..Well, considering how cheap the franchise is it might actually

be possible for them to keep them.

The Hawks have been a development league for 5 years and

will continue to be if they select this high school punk.

I dont know about Warrick. I am as big of a Syracuse fan as you will find outside of the campus and for as much talent as the kid has, I really dont think he will make it in the pros because he really doesnt have very good handles, is a below average jump shooter, and isnt the terrific defender that he should be. I think that some team will be disappointed that they wasted a 1st round pick on him.

One guy that I really pray we get when he comes out though from Syracuse is Gerry McNamara. This kid has the potential to be the best shooter in the league and has more guts than just about anyone I have seen play college ball in a long long time. Last year during our title run Carmelo wasnt even the most popular player on the team, it was McNamara and thats because the fans love his heart and hustle and his teammates love him. I would love for him to find his way onto our team in the next couple of years.