• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Major rumored trade going around........Tor/Sac

Admin

There is a rumor going around on a few websites (with the trade originating from David Aldridge on the Duece) that I have read today and tonight that the Kings and Raptors are working on a deal that would center around Vince Carter being traded to Sacramento and Peja Stoyachovich being sent to Toronto. Of course there will be some added fillers in the deal, but the word is that Sac is looking to free up playing time for Hedo and Wallace at SF and move Christy to the bench in a 6th man type of roll. Carter would come in at SG and just check out this possible lineup

Bibby/Jackson

Carter/Christie

Turk/Wallace

CWebb/Pollard

Vlade/Bradley

Thats a pretty damn scary lineup if you ask me. Is there a better one in basketball? I damn sure dont think so. Now, for Toronto to make this deal they are basically saying that Mo Pete is a star in the making and he proved that he can really play after Carter got hurt last year. With him taking over at SG and Peja coming to play SF, they would look something like this

AWill/Hunter

Mo Pete/Price

Peja/Jefferies

Davis/JYD/Funderburke

Clark?/Dream

Thats a pretty damn good lineup too I think. I think that the rumored players involved from Toronto are Carter and Michael Bradley and from Sacramento Peja and Funderburke along with Brent Price. This deal sounds outrageous at first, but if you look at the numbers they are pretty darn close between the two and it really makes sense as each team can gain playing time for their studs on the bench who should be starting. I really think this would be a beneficial trade for both teams. With Carter having a label of being soft and there being a large Serb population in Toronto, maybe Peja would be able to fill some seats up there as well.

I don't know Dolfan does Peja have as much trade value as Vince? If they can get Vince and Carter for just Peja then we better call up Toronto fast. While I like Peja I don't think he can be near as dominate as Carter can be.

I can see it now we send Theo/Dion and whoever else to Toronto for Vince. We would Lineup

JT/DD

Human Highlight 2/DJ

IRA/KuKoc

SAR/Hendu

James/Nazar

If we make this trade hopefully we would use our exception and try to land James from seattle.

In reply to:

If they can get Vince and Carter for just Peja then we better call up Toronto fast

Vince and Carter? lol.......well if you look at them statistically and how each team can benefit from this trade, its definitely something that with some tweaking could certainly happen.

By the way, we cant sign James now because he re-signed with Seattle today. Medvedenko re-signed with LA today too so we cant go after him either, although I wasnt too high on him anyways. Unfortunate that we couldnt make a run at James.

Also, even as great as Carter is, I wouldnt want him on our team unless it was with a deal like you mentioned because he is soft as butter. He is no human highlight film 2 thats for sure because Nique damn sure wasnt afraid to mix it up.......but as far as dunking, hes not far behind the man.

If this rumor is true, than it shows just how badly Sacramento wants to dethrone the Lakers before Shaq's toe explodes. They would have an amazing team, but I still can't help but wonder if they have "what it takes" to beat Shaq&Kobe (that phrase has really become one word over the last three years, hasn't it?)...Bibby's playoff performance was uncharacteristic, and they still don't have "The Player" that will put them over the top...So my question is: Is Carter really the answer?

What Carter will allow them to do most importantly is get Christy on the bench so that he doesnt get as tired quickly as he is getting older, plus it gets Turk on the court, who can replace Peja to a degree, and it gets more time for Wallace who is very promising. The most important thing is that it gives them a guy who cannot be ignored because any day he can go off for 50 and he is a very good outside shooter also. I think his attitude will fit in better with Sac also.

O well it is late LOL. What can I say. I think Vince would fit in very well in Sacremeto or Atlanta. Because both have clutch PG's and both have Allstar PF's. I think that would take a lot of pressure off Vince, so he is not the lone offensive weapon like in Toronto. I think Vince will eventually become hungry and when he does look out NBA.

However even if he never becomes hungry, a non hungry Vince can average 28PPG, we could definitley use that.

The problem is that we dont have anything that can get him. Its not worth giving up Theo because we cannot afford to have Nazr and Carter on the court at the same time. If we could have gotten a guy like Jerome James who is big and can play defense I would definitely have tried to send them a Theo package to get him. Theo/Glover/Toni for Carter? I dont know.......I guess it comes down to something I heard John Lucas say that I really like......

"Good action always beats good reaction" Meaning that offense is action and defense is the reaction. Its a kinda backwards philosophy from what we are taught in every sport, but the object of the game is to score more than your opponents. Tough call thats for sure.

Thats the only way it really makes since for Tor. While the numbers are simalar there is one major problem, Peja aint going to put nobody in the seats. Tor has been hanging on by Carter. I'm willing to bet that without him they will have the exact same problem as Van. did. thanks to the lousy exchange rate and the general lack of intrest in basketball in Canada.

I think Peja is a GREAT player but he's not NEARLY as good as VC. VC is an unbelievable talent and I won't be surprised to see him become the player that I think he is capable of becoming this year. He does play soft at times but he can be VERY aggressive at times as well. If he would just decide to go for it and take the ball strong to the rack in the clutch rather than settling for the J, he would be as good as any SG in the NBA.

I'd trade Theo/Toni/Glover for Carter/filler so fast it would make your head spin. Carter/SAR/JT would be as good a 3 some as any in the league. If we could make that deal and get Time Warner to allow us to get Clark, we would be a CERTAIN playoff team.