• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I would do this trade for Dwight Howard

Blunt91

If the Chicago Bulls ended up with the 2ndpick in the draft and took Howard If I was Billy Knight I would trade our 5thpick, Boris Diaw and 2 of our second rounders for Dwight Howard. I think the deal would be fair to both teams. I like Diaw but it is important that we get someone that can be our franchise player first before we get good role players. I would trade Diaw before trading JT. After watching the Hawks the past few weeks Terry is very important to our uptempo game despite being a weak defensive player. In this trade we would in essence get the 2ndpick plus keep the 18th pick in the draft and draft a player in the 2ndround. I would keep the Highest of the 2ndrounders and draft Romain Sato. It's good that we have 5 draftpicks because it gives us alot of flexibility. Howard will be in a Hawks uniform next year but I hope it isn't at the expense of losing JT.

Nope. A team is never going to have long term sucess

with JT as a starter unless they are a team like the

Lakers because he gives up about 18PPG on a NIGHTLY

BASIS. You can't win with guys like that. Not to mention

he is a POOR shooter now. 41%fg 33%3's is terrible. I

really can't see anything JT does that is all that good.

These guys got to go if you are going to build a real team

and not a team that wins only when winning games don't really

help you.

• Premium Member

We have Chemistry concerns as well as fanbase concerns. Just winning won't bring on the fans but they need a personality. I think that guy is Josh Smith or Dwight Howard. For that reason, we have to look to getting one of them as a franchise player. Diaw is a talent. 10 assist in 26 minutes. However, If we get stuck with a pick below 3rd which means 5th, 6th, or 7th... We can't waste this opportunity. This draft is a potential draft. It's not a strong draft like last year but there are some strong players. Okafur, Howard, Smith. I'm not a fan of Deng but in a bind, I would take him. I'm not sold on Livingston but i would take him also. But my hope is for Howard or Smith. If I felt we could get one of them by giving up our 2nd rounders and Diaw, I would have to strongly consider it. The truth is that those second rounders are not likely to make the team anyway.

With Milwaukee's pick, I would take either Kris Humphries or Childress or Marvin Williams or Victor Khryapa... depending on who is left.

For instance if we did trade Diaw/5th and 2 2nds for Howard. I would follow that up with:

Marvin Williams .

I would let williams develop and play mostly:

JT/Sura/Jax/Howard/Pryz.

That's a developing team. It already has some chemistry and it's built around speed.

i'd much rather give up jt than diaw

in fact, i think that jt should go no matter what

we've tried building around jt for years, trying to make up for his size, his tweener status, his tunnel vision, his lack of defense, etc

it doesn't work and we'll never be a contender if we try to build around jt

• Premium Member

Well, I agree..

JT doesn't PG well....

His Salary is now an issue.

BUT, he fits our system. I say until we find a suitable replacement, the JT/Sura show continues....

Sura IS the best compliment to JT that money can buy.

• Premium Member

It depends on what you got in the frontcourt.

JT is a player who can put up points. That's important. I would agree with you to get rid of him, but we have to be sure:

1. We get a PG that can run the show.

2. We get another player who can put up 18 a night.

3. We are not trading JT for Nothing in return.

Chris Crawford has proven that almost any player can

score. JT does it at a extremely percentage. JT honestly

does nothing well...

41%fg is bad

33%3pt is bad

His defense is already as bad as defense can get

He doesn't bring leadership

He doesn't play a team game properly

Not to mention he's terribly inconsisant

which means you can't count on him

What does JT do well enough to keep him? He had his one

year to run the team two years ago. I supported him getting

a fair shake back then. But he proved he couldn't do it.

Who cares we the teams gets for JT. Getting rid of him

is good enough because he doesn't help a team. I'm sure

the Jazz wouldn't want him now because now they know

Arroyo is the better PG and player.

JT's shooting has been bad because he's been trying extra hard to get other people involved,his scoring is down because he has cut back on his shots while concentrating on his defense,and his defense isn't as bad as you all think it is.

a Sura/JT backcourt may not win a championship,but we're not thinking championship right now,right now we're just trying to get back to being competitive. JT is gonna be a solid player whether it's off the bench as a 6th man or as our starting PG. He should stay.

~Peace

Who gave up 28 points to Marcus Banks in 32 minutes? JT's

defense IS that bad. He;s a bench player that should play

limited minutes. The only reason he has even had good stats

is because the team has been terrible since he's been here.

Jt should actually be shooting less if 40% is the best he

can shoot. His shot has got worse every year he's been in

the league. You aren't going to win games with a JT/Sura

backcourt because neither are starters. Just because the

scrubs have played well when the games mean nothing doesn't

mean they are future players.

Guys,

I know Sura has played well for the Hawks, but don't forget that he gets hurt almost every year. He's a SNT possibility to me, but not someone I'd hang my hat on.

He played 70+ games in only 5 of his 9 seasons and not since '01-02. On his career he's averaged 66 games playing an average 22 minutes. Did anyone else notice he could not finish the last game?

If he has value, I say get something for it. He is not building material.

"He is not building material."

- the thing is... he'll come cheap. it wont break our pockets to get him...

that being said, i dont think his INJURY-history is something to be concerned about.

signing him is a very low risk. the possible rewards outweigh the small risks...

Sadly enough, I'd have to agree. That's a terrible track record, even moreso for a guard. Fact of the matter is, he's like Crawford (Chris) in that he plays all out and yet lacks the super durability ~ unless you have the ability to utilize him as a full fledged 6th man.

we're all high on him due to the amazing stats he's been putting up lately...but have you really looked at his stats? 3pt%? That's not what you want from one of your backcourt players unless you have a sf with very good 3pt capabilities, ala Jackson, who can therefore cover the deficiency. As we don't have Jackson signed, I don't see how we can go out and sign Sura. Just the straight up facts..

Quote:

Who gave up 28 points to Marcus Banks in 32 minutes? JT's

defense IS that bad. He;s a bench player that should play

limited minutes. The only reason he has even had good stats

is because the team has been terrible since he's been here.

Jt should actually be shooting less if 40% is the best he

can shoot. His shot has got worse every year he's been in

the league. You aren't going to win games with a JT/Sura

backcourt because neither are starters. Just because the

scrubs have played well when the games mean nothing doesn't

mean they are future players.

Let me ask u this,who DID play defense in that game? Not Atlanta & certainly not Boston,both teams scored over 30 points in regulation. It was just playing for fun tryin not to get hurt.

Quote:

Honestly, I tried to overlook JT's defense a few years

ago. But it's sad when you get burned by even the likes

of Anthony Johnson and such. Not to mention JT represents possibly the worst era in Hawks history.

JT got burned by AJ ONCE. AJ is no star but hes a decent backup. That's early in the year anyways,JT reommited himself to defense at the mid way point(just b4 the trade deadline),and that's when we started to win games.

The team started winning? When did that happen? Additionally, the started to win a few the sametime they always do...When

they have no chance in H#ll at getting into the playoffs. It's

the same story every year.

JT gets burned time after time. He isn't that good. If he

played on a top team he'd find himself coming off the bench

in limited minutes.