• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who would you want for Jason Terry?

Let's say the Hawks HAD to trade Jason Terry. For whatever reason (albeit the coaches feeling Dan is the man or JT is a tweener or whatever) Jason Terry is on the trading block.

FIND THE BEST TRADE AVAILABLE FOR HIM. What would it take to get Jason Terry?

Why I'm I curious? Well, all this talk today has me curious what we could actually get for JT. I love the guy. I think he's a great POINT GUARD. But today begs for an answer. We all believe Sprewell and Harrington is trash for Terry. But what would be a good trade - one that would fill our needs?

I've scoured through the NBA Rosters and determined only one deal - and I still haven't convinced myself 100 percent that I'd do the deal. But it's the only one I'd really even consider:

Atlanta trades:

PF Alan Henderson (5.5 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.4 apg in 16.2 min.)

SG Jason Terry (19.3 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 5.7 apg in 38.0 minutes)

PF Chris Crawford (7.6 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 0.7 apg in 18.7 minutes)

Atlanta receives:

SG Shane Battier (14.4 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 2.8 apg in 39.7 min.)

PF Stromile Swift (11.8 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 0.7 apg in 26.5 min.)

SG Michael Dickerson (10.8 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 2.3 apg in 31.0 min)

Change in team outlook: +4.6 ppg, +3.9 rpg, and -1.0 apg.

Memphis trades:

SG Shane Battier (14.4 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 2.8 apg in 39.7 min.)

PF Stromile Swift (11.8 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 0.7 apg in 26.5 min.)

SG Michael Dickerson (10.8 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 2.3 apg in 31.0 min)

Memphis receives:

PF Alan Henderson (5.5 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.4 apg in 26 games)

SG Jason Terry (19.3 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 5.7 apg in 78 games)

PF Chris Crawford (7.6 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 0.7 apg in 7 games)

Change in team outlook: -4.6 ppg, -3.9 rpg, and +1.0 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Atlanta and Memphis being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Atlanta and Memphis had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

---------------------------------

Trade ID number 686670

---------------------------------

Again, I still haven't even convinced myself I'd do this deal. Dickerson has a long term contract starting this season. While he is talented, would we be burdened with another cumbersome contract?

OUR TEAM WOULD BE:

PG:

Emanual Davis

Dan Dickau

SG:

Dermarr Johnson

Dion Glover

Michael Dickerson

SF:

Shane Battier

Toni Kukoc

Ira Newble (this trade may mean he would not be signed)

PF:

Shareef Abdur-Rahim

Stromile Swift

Alan Henderson

Udonis Haslem (can't let him get away)

C:

Theo Ratliff

Nazr Mohammed

I know, it's fourteen players. But I want Ira back and want to keep Haslem.

Alright guys, go find us some good Jason Terry trades!!!!!!

No way in hell I trade JT for Battier/Dickerson. Some people around here really overvalue Battier. Yes, I'd love to have him too. But, not for JT.

For me to give up JT, we have to get an All-Star caliber player in return. It doesn't have to be a PG, but I wouldn't mind getting Miller or Baron.

Anything that improves the team, I'm all for...

Paul Pierce

Ray Allen

Shawn Marion

These are names that should be bandied about when discussion possible Jason Terry deals. Forget the Shane Battier's and Lamar Odom's. Those are not good deals for the Hawks. Why give up a clutch player who can roll out of bed and score 20 points a night for two guys who aren't go-to scorers?

I think if we are going to trade JT I would like to do a deal with Portland.

Something Like JT/Nazar/fillers to Portland for Bonzi/DD/Randolf.

Man I don't know what it is about Bonzi, I just really like his game. DD and Randolf and Bonzi can bring us some much needed toughness. Randolf is a monster waiting to be born, if he can get some PT. He will be Jermaine Oneal #2.

Question has Randolf grown any since college? Do you think he can possibly play center? I know he weighs enough, but is he tall enough. I remeber him being 6-9.

Bonzi has a serious 'tude and I wonder how that would impact the team's chemistry not to mention what kind of trouble he might get in. His comments about not caring what the fans thought last year really turned me off on him, paticularly when portland has some of the best fans in the NBA. Who does he think makes it possible for him to earn that big salary of his. He said it because he was frustrated but he ALWAYS reacts in an immature fashion when he gets frustrated. From a talent standpoint, Wells has the ability to be a star but I think he is showing way too many trouble making tendencies for me to give up a guy like JT to get him.

As far as Randolph goes, the kid is DEFINNITELY a PF (he hasn't grown) but he has a chance to be really good. He needs to work on his right hand a lot but he's so strong that most PFs won't be able to stop him from going wherever he wants to go. He looked good in Portland's summer league game against Utah.

• Premium Member

Not Dickerson and Battier...

I would rather have Jones...

However, working with a memphis trade, let's try a diesel Threeway:

Atlanta sends...

Nazr/JT/Hendu/Email to Memphis.

Memphis sends....

Swift/Williams/Dickerson to Miami.

Memphis sends

BK/Lo/Battier to Atlanta..

Memphis recieves:

Jones/Ellis.

Atlanta has:

DD/BK

DJ/DG/Ira

Battier/Toni/CC

SAR/Haslem

Theo/Lo

Memphis has:

JT/Email

Jones/Persons

Gasol/

Gooden/Ellis/Massenberg

Nazr/Hendu

I don't know their whole team.

Miami has:

Zo/Swift/Butler/Dickerson/Williams.... AND LUKE RECKER.

I would like to get Lo wright but not Brevin Knight he is too small. These players didn't work out together. First of all we had a 25 win season with them. Then we had to give up our 8th pick to LAC to complete the Lo trade,but in a huge way these guys helped us get Reef and we had to give up Lo and Burger King and Paul Gasol. Yea he was rookie of the year but y not have a guy that lead his team in scoring,rebounding,etc for 5 straight years?

If we HAD to trade JT, I would like someone like Michael Finley, Lamar Odom or Rashard Lewis in return, some kind of way. I think Finley would be available because Dallas has a lot of other options but I don't think they really have a place for JT with van Exel and Nash... but Finley, Odom (maybe) and Lewis (pretty soon) could all be difference makers on our team.

He'd be a liability scoring at the 2 due to his outside shooting, but Ira can definitely guard the two...he wouldn't necessarily have to be taken out of the mix...he's another "swingman" (overused term...where have all the true SF's gone?)