• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Good article on Musselman.

KB21

What perception does Emuss have. IF he is fired, he will be fired on the basis that he doesn't communicate well with his players.

What does that say to FAs??

"

This is the same franchise that has STUNK for 12 years.

They have NO creditability. NONE. They got rid of all

of the best players they had with the exception of Jason

Richardson. Why? Because they suck as a franchise. If they

let Muss go to me it just looks like another in the long

list of mistakes that franchise makes.

The problem with Mike Dunleavy is that he's a slow footed

poor defensive player(Mullen was no star defender either)

and Emuss probably was all over him for his lack of defense

and MD probably doesn't take that too well. And I like Foyle

as a short term option here til we get something better, but

there is a reason he hasn't played many minutes for his

career.

It's a same problem 90% of the rest of the league has. The

players are SISSY CRYBABIES that end up getting the coaches

fired. These players don't want to improve. Muss was handed

a team with a bunch of losers with attitude problems that

have sucked for a longtime. GSW is a FLAWED franchise that

has had how many coaches? There is always some excuse isnt

there? Oh, it's anybody but the players fault that they

suck. Maybe the players need to take some responsability

and actually try to win instead of settling for losing like

the team has done for years.

I don't think I'm contradicting myself. He did get the most out of the talent he had. To win 37 games without Arenas, Murphy, and Foyle is impressive, even more so when you figure they are a Western Conference team.

I don't think Richardson is going to be anything more than a dunker. His handles are average, he never squares up for a shot, and he doesn't work well in the confines of the offense.

Dunleavy has some potential but his lack of footspeed makes him a liability in a running offense.

Only time will tell but I don't think Dunleavy or Richardson are going to be much more than they are today.

As for Pietrus, once he showed his tenacious D his playing time increased. Unlike Richardson Pietrus works well within the offensive sets Muss employs. I can see this guy getting better.

My brother in law loves this team and we debate all the time but if I was Mullin I'd keep Pietrus, Cliff, Cheaney, and Foyle. The rest of the team I'd trade away for the pieces I need.

• Premium Member

First you say that Mussleman is a great coach who can get the most out of any player...

Then you say that without Arenas, the Warriors was Lost...

Come on. If he's that great coach, then it doesn't matter who he had and certainly one player wasn't the team.

So the question becomes... Is he a great coach or does his philosophy of "play who is producing" help him to find talented players.

Sorry, but the truth of the matter is that GS has been in the lottery a lot of time in the past decade. Finding talent there should be easy..

I will give it up for Emuss, he found: Boykin, Arenas, and Cardinal... BUT X and O wise... and In game management wise, he's not a great coach... There's a difference between finding talent and being able to coach and if 1 or 2 players makes that much of a difference, maybe he's not a great coach.

For great coach.. See Jerry Sloan.

It doesn't matter what you give him... At the end of the season he's going to be in the playoff hunt.

i think richardson really needs to step up NOW..he was touted as a future allstar but he hasn't shown that..he really has the possibility and naturall talent to be a star if he would only work at it.

plus i think he would excel in a running offense like the Nets, in the role of Jefferson.

Not sure I like the Sloan comparison. As much as I respect Sloan he had two hall of famers for the majority of his tenure. Malone and Stockton followed Sloan's example and established a culture in Utah that dedication and team work are required or you will be gone/benched. In Utah Sloan is the Jazz and the players know it. That being said to be in the NBA you need to have talent but it's teamwork that makes teams win. Utah plays team basketball much like Miami did to turn around their season.

In Golden State Emuss doesn't get the same support from management. In fact I'd argue that picking top ten in the lottery every year gives you a bunch of me guys trying to prove they are the man. When I look at JRich and Dunleavy I see a bunch of guys trying to make a name for themselves at the expense of the team. Unless you are killing your practice opponent in team play you deserve to ride the pine.

With Sloan he's been drafting outside the lotter plugging in pieces to his puzzle. Most of these guys have question marks to their game and are forced into the system that Malone/Stockton/Sloan built. I give Sloan credit but feel Emuss is in an entirely different environment, one not dedicated to winning IMO.

I'd like to see Emuss in Atlanta with full reigns to implement a system much like he did with our exceptional summer league squads.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Unless you are killing your practice opponent in team play you deserve to ride the pine.

This is the kind of thinking that would have kept Dwayne Wade from ever happening. That kindof thinking would have kept Kobe from ever being Kobe??

Point is that when you have potential, you have to play it and let it become what it will become. Otherwise, you get the Bulls.

I guess I agree to disagree. I do think Kobe was given his PT but I'm not so sure Dwayne Wade didn't earn his over the summer and or possibly due to injuries to Butler. Perhaps Wade won his PT in camp and during preseason and practices.

To say start young talent at all costs in every situation even if you have a better alternative I feel is wrong. If the Bulls put Crawford, Chandler, and Curry on the floor from the start it would still end up a disaster. They should be able to beat out the veterans in practice for those spots. Should Darko and Okur start over Rasheed and Wallace because they are young with upside?

That being said every situation is different and in Atlanta's case we don't have any vets that I wouldn't mind seeing young guys take over for including high schoolers.

• Premium Member

I'm not going to argue, but just clarify here...

When Eddie Jones was a Laker... Kobe was not nearly as good as Jones.. Yet Kobe was given a lot of playing time. Eventually Jones was moved for "Chemistry reason".... Trading him for Glenn Rice was a joke. However, it was also to open up the SG spot for Kobe and bring in a real SF who could shoot from outside.