• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Prospect Video Clips

KB21

I thought Childress looked fantastic. Really wouldn't mind him at #6 if we stay.

Josh Smith also looks like he could be a great one but he is playing against far inferior talent. Whereas, Childress was playing against similar athletes in Div. I programs.

I also think Emeka Okafor would still be worth trading up for if Orlando takes Dwight Howard.

I watched most of the prospect clips and the ones that impressed me were:

1.Luke Jackson -- he has the ability to score anywhere.Look at the pump fake move then drving to the basket dunking on the defender.Also has a sweet outshidse shot.

2.Ben gordon - how long has it been since the hawks had an outside shooter? Gordon can hit the outside can drive to the basket and was impressive.

3. Andre Iggy - sorry can't spell his last name but most of the plays reminded me of a youbg Scottip Pippen who can make acrobatic dunks and going to the basket.It also showed Iggy making a few outside shots plus I think he is 6-6.

4.Devin Harris - showed hitting outside shots,driving to the basket and making a nice block.

5.Josh Smith - I don;t know why scots feel his athleticism is like Dominque Wilkins. He does dunk the ball frequently but come on look at the hegith and power of his dunks.They are no wehere near Wilkins or Vince Carter.Can hit the outside shot and play defense.

6.Al Jefferson.. showed he has post up moves.

I forgot howard ,basically I saw alot of dunks but not alot of post moves.It is hard to evaluate just on a film clip so I am taking it that he can play.After watching these clips the guards in this draft have more game than the front line players overall.Luke Jackson reminds me of a faster Chris Mulin I am really impressed.I still want howard but if the hawks stay where they are I would love to see based on who is on board

1.Livingston

2.Gordon

3.Iggy

4.Harris

second 1st rounder,hawks will have to trade up:

1.luke jackson

2.josh smith

I don't see enough from Smith and Jackson has a superior game now but remember he is 4 yrs older.Good clips for viewing to make a decision on these players if possible!

Wow Kb thanx for the site man. My to biggest suprises were the athletcism of Luke Jackson and Ramos. That crossover and dunk that Jackson did on the baseline was sick.

Ramos is so athleic to be 7-4 its scary. He had a real short clip but he looked pretty good.

Ben Gordon looks a lot like Baron Davis.

Nelson looks a lot like Timmy Hardaway.

I agree that Josh Childress looked very impressive. He is a better ball handler then I imagined and explosive. He just looks like Demarr Johnson in the face to much for me LOL.

Dwight Howard didn't look that impressive to me, probably because I like my big men to have a back to the basket game.

Jr Smith is much more athletic then his workout numbers say. The guy can thrown it down.

the thing about Luke...was he playing against two guards? If you watch the video, he never gets by his guy with his first step. It looks slow...might change some if two's were guarding him, but if those were college sf's (many of whom are two's in terms of nba quickness), then he's going to have a lot of trouble creating his own shot. Nice stroke though.

• Premium Member

The thing I noticed about Luke is that he can put the ball on the floor. It is a pretty good skill. It won't work against 2s in this league but maybe some 3s. I also liked that he can hit shots. He's not a overwhelming ball handler.

Childress is so so for me. I don't know. He's fast and can finish on the break, however, you don't get many uncontested breaks in the pros. We need somebody that can do something in the halfcourt set.

Howard is da man. He just has skills. It won't be this year but one year.

I am also changing my tune about JR Smith. At one time, I said I wouldn't draft him with #17. However, this guy is 6'6" 227. He has a very quick first step and he has range. Bad workouts are one thing, but this guy has so much natural ability and potential that you can input what you need from him.

Josh Smith is a beast. Still, my problem is his ability to get better. Without the will power, Josh becomes Darius Miles pt 2.

He tested out as a better athlete than Andre Iguodala. Luke Jackson was quicker in the lane agility test and has a higher vertical than Iguodala. Plus, he's a better jump shooter than Iguodala. I like both players for the Hawks because of their ball handling ability, but Jackson gets the edge due to his shooting ability. When the two players matched up this season, Jackson dropped 44 points on Iguodala's head.

I personaly would love to see the Hawks get Jackson and try to get Luke Ridnour in a trade from Seattle.

luke319.jpglg_ridnour.jpg

• Premium Member

Dude just explodes to the basket...and he's fast. Okafor seems stronger, less mobile...but being that strong, he probably doesn't need it around the basket. He's gonna be a monster down low. These guys look like they'll mirror each other throughout their careers - with their prospective strengths making them both VERY productive.

I really like Livingston. His passes look flashy and whatnot, but they connect like Legos. Precise. And he's tall, that'll give him the ability to see the floor better. I'd snatch him up...could you imagine a backcourt with two guys like 6'7"...!!! Damn... Livingston is going to be special.

And...

Ben Gordon does not resemble Jason Terry.

Howard is not nearly as athletic as CWebb was during the fab five days....

Anyone else find it strange that Gordon didn't have a single pass in his highlight, but is touted as a pg? I knwo where he played last year...but a couple of sweet passes? Also, watch that tape and think about JT....there's nothing he does that JT can't (slight edge in ups/dunks). game looks very very similar.

• Premium Member

That's the biggest difference. He's got inside/outside game. You never see JT with the circus shots, going up over anyone... It isn't that JT can't, he just doesn't. Gordon uses his speed and athleticism to get INTO the lane and get the high percentage shots. If the D tries to play him like he's taking it it, he's got NBA 3pt range.

JT is a jump shooter and a pull up guy. He'll take guys off the dribble, but he'll stop around 10' - 15' for the J...which he usually nails.

You are mistaken too... Gordon shot a nice dime inside to Okafor in one of the later highlights. Ben Gordon is longer, more atheletic (SERIOUSLY MORE ATHELETIC), and he LOOKS to get his shot. Without a year in the NBA Gordon looks every bit the player that JT is and then some.

I was most impressed with the highlights from Ben Gorden. He might not be a pure pointguard but Neither is Steve Francis, whom he reminds me of and Baron Davis. I would let Terry go and Ben Gorden. Gorden is going to be a star is thi league, at first I wasn't sure I want to use the 6thpick on Gorden but Now I wouldn't mind drafting GOrden at th 6thspot.

thsoe moves work in college...but I jsut don't see them consistently translating into the pros. You say JT doesn't use it (now)...and yo'ure right. But remember when JT played SG exclusively, you saw much much more of his penetration and all round game.

That being said...do you think Gordon is more "2 eligible" than JT? If not...then it's a mistake to draft him.

Oka's video looked strong. nice post moves, nice anticipation. I really do like this guy...he's gonna be a player, quickly...TMac's retarded. He's perfect for that team.

Livingston...I've said this before, but a good friend of mine's brother played against him several times this year. Friend went and saw a couple of the games. He can't even get the "passes" he wants half the time, as his compadres can't handle the passes (see the HS All-Star game where they bobbled them to the basket). His passing is superb...and based on what I see, I'd take him/rank him second only to Okafor in this year's draft.

Josh Smith ~ still continues to wow. his blocked shots are what I liked best out of this video. His ability to get back up after a second jump (oka does this well too), added to his length....just gives me the feeling that he could, could, be a star. Yes his game has many holes, esp. on the fact that he rarely puts the ball on the floor for a second dribble and pullup, but you can see the potential (lacking in other players). If the desire's not there...then he's another SJax....potential with out the components...but he could work.

Luol Deng sure doesn't look like much to me. Is he really

top 5 pick worthy?

I thought Childress/Emeka/Gordon and Luke Jackson were the

most impressive. All I seen from Smith and Howard is atheletic

ability. So it's tough to say about them. Yes JR Smith can

shoot far out and dunk...but what else?

I wasn't too impressed with him in these clips. I know he impressed in workouts with his tenacious defense but he looks a little stiff in dribbling the ball. He just doesn't seem very fluid.

• Premium Member

If he didn't shoot it so well, I'd say that his game wouldn't translate. But Ben can hit the shot from anywhere on the floor from any distance out. That won't change coming into the NBA and the defense will have to respect it. However, he's got long arms, he's quick, and he's athletic. That means if they play him to shoot it, he'll go around them and either take it into the lane (which the good scoring PGs do) or pull up and shoot it over whomever is guarding him. Gordon is going to be difficult to guard.

I think Gordon would make a better 2 guard than JT...only because he brings the ball into the lane. That's how you open up your game in the NBA. It's also how you get your teammates involved. When a guy attacks the lane, the defense will usually collapse on him. That's where you see the biggest difference in scoring guards that make their teammates better. Does he take it up or does he rotate the ball or kick it out?

JT doesn't get into the lane. He never has. I've watched him since his very first game, almost every game...frustrated because he could become a MUCH better scorer and playmaker if he would just use that quickness to penetrate. Even when he played the 2, he would get around his defender and pull up. He would come off screens and pull up. He would run the break, get the ball, and pull up. I'd say for every 10 shots JT takes, one might be a penetration and it's always been that way. The thing is, he nails that shot with regularity. He's got a VERY good shot. But he needs to take that ball into the paint to open up the game for himself and everyone around him.