• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We are the media's whipping boy........for now.

KB21

Give Billy Knight about three, maybe four years to put his vision onto the floor, and the media is going to find it a lot harder to make fun of the Atlanta Hawks. When Billy Knight is finished rebuilding this team, the Atlanta Hawks will be one of the longest, most athletic, and most versatile teams in the NBA. They are going to pose a lot of mismatch problems for other teams due to their length and their athleticism. It's going to be tough to run with them, it's going to be tough to guard them in the half court set, and it's going to be tough to score on them.

It's going to take some time, but Billy Knight is building this team the right way. It's also very clear that he has a vision. He has a plan for what he wants.

From everything I've read, everyone is ready not just to see Josh Smith bust, but to see Childress bust too. Wouldn't surprise me if they both did...but I think Childress will pan out. He does remind me A LOT of Jared Jeffries though.

Well the knock on Iggy said best by Stuart Scott was "Your not known as a scorer, how does a guy that doesn't score much become the #9thpick in the draft?" That statement let me know that Billy Knight wanted someone who could put the ball in the Hoop. The things Iggy brings to the table ..Ballhandling,Athleticism and defense we already have that in Diaw. We didn't need another non shooter who only plays defense on the team. I will say that Iggy is more aggresive than Diaw and might be a little more athletic but if Diaw can become more aggressive he can bring close to what Iguodala would have brought to the Hawks. It is also funny Iggy seems to have the same problem as Diaw which is a inconsistent shot. Iggy was described as having a smooth shot but inconsistent that sounds like Diaw to me.

Tell me something.

Why is it wrong to pass on a player who is going to be a shooting guard but shot only 31% from the three point line to take a player who is going to be a shooting guard that shot 39% from the three point line?

Andre Iguodala is going to be a fine player, but he's a good player that can't score unless he's finishing on the fast break right now. Josh Smith has a better jumper than this guy.

Josh Childress may not be the athletic freak that Iguodala is, but he is a much better shooter and an equal defender. The word I heard from Iguodala's Hawks workout is that he impressed with his athleticism, but he struggled to get his shot off against Damien Wilkins.

The Prospect Video Clip Thread

Quote:

I thought Childress/Emeka/Gordon and Luke Jackson were the

most impressive. All I seen from Smith and Howard is atheletic

ability. So it's tough to say about them. Yes JR Smith can

shoot far out and dunk...but what else?

OK Hots. There, you stated that of the clips you saw, Childress, Okafor, Gordon, and Jackson were the most impressive. Iguodala was one of the mixes, yet you weren't impressed by him. Now, you appear to have changed your view on what you actually saw because someone else stated that the Hawks made a mistake in passing on Iguodala. Don't let the opinions of others change the opinion you formed on your own.

Quote:

Luol Deng sure doesn't look like much to me. Is he really

top 5 pick worthy?

And now you are worried because someone made the comment that the Hawks made a mistake in passing on Deng?

Quote:

It was a bummer that Livingston and the two big guys

were gone...But I was most impressed with Childress

after SL and EO. I know he only has decent athletic

ability, but his shooting and SKILLS I found to be

very impressive from the clips.

This was your comments right after the pick was made. You were impressed with Childress, but now you are skeptical because you have read the opinions of others who simply will take every opportunity to bash the Hawks.

When I was at the draft party I was hanging out with some guys that wanted us to get Luol Deng. I think Luol Deng is popular over here because of the ACC - Duke thing....I don't think people know Childress' game because he plays in California and people don't stay up that late to watch their games and they are also not interested.

• Premium Member

The long and athletic gifted team that Billy wants to put together kind of reminds me of the ealy 80s M'kee Bucks. Remember Sidney Moncrief, Paul Pressey, Elmore Smith. This was an exciting team that got up and down the floor and played very good defense.

I agree give Billy time he has a plan.

Del Harris.

The period from 1983-1991 is probably the most successful the Bucks have been. Harris was an assistant from '83-'87, and he became the head coach of the Bucks in '88.

I believe that Harris and Knight may be on the same page. I had never really thought about it in this way until you pointed out the early to mid 80s Bucks teams.

• 2 years later...

The below post is from 06-26-2004

Quote:

Give Billy Knight about three, maybe four years to put his vision onto the floor, and the media is going to find it a lot harder to make fun of the Atlanta Hawks. When Billy Knight is finished rebuilding this team, the Atlanta Hawks will be one of the longest, most athletic, and most versatile teams in the NBA. They are going to pose a lot of mismatch problems for other teams due to their length and their athleticism. It's going to be tough to run with them, it's going to be tough to guard them in the half court set, and it's going to be tough to score on them.

It's going to take some time, but Billy Knight is building this team the right way. It's also very clear that he has a vision. He has a plan for what he wants.

Well we are now two months shy of the three year mark; and my take on this is we are still one of the least respected franchises in the NBA.

BK has next year to get this turned around or he has to go.

Quote:

The below post is from 06-26-2004

Quote:

Well we are now two months shy of the three year mark; and my take on this is we are still one of the least respected franchises in the NBA.

Hasn't BK already proven COMPLETELY inept?!? How can anyone POSSIBLY want to give this guy another year?? I honestly can't believe this! He should've been fired the second Marvin was drafted!

.We all know KB21 worships everything BK, so I would've figured he made a post like this a few years ago. Ask him now and he'll say the same thing

Guest Walter

Quote:

Hasn't BK already proven COMPLETELY inept?!? How can anyone POSSIBLY want to give this guy another year?? I honestly can't believe this! He should've been fired the second Marvin was drafted!

.We all know KB21 worships everything BK, so I would've figured he made a post like this a few years ago. Ask him now and he'll say the same thing

Quote:

Give Billy Knight about three, maybe four years to put his vision onto the floor,

Here is BK's vision so far:

Draft Chillz to be SG, pass on Deng and Iggy

Draft Smoove to be SF, sign Harrington to be PF

Draft MWill to be SF, pass on Deron and Paul

Sign JJ to be PG, Move Smoove to PF, Sign ZaZa to be Center

Trade Harrington, Draft Shelden to be PF/C

Sign Speedy to be PG, Move JJ to SG

Bench Chillz once and for all

I really do not think BK has a vision and if he does it seems helter skelter to say the least.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Quote:

Give Billy Knight about three, maybe four years to put his vision onto the floor,

I really do not think BK has a vision and if he does it seems helter skelter to say the least.

Man, is that incompetence. BK couldn't spell "team" with the letters "T", "E", "A", "M" in that order. Being egotistical enough, he'd insist upon spelling "outside the box" and directing your attention "At me" with his incompetent lottery picks.

W

Quote:

Quote:

Right on Buzzard!! clapclap.gif