• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

KMart will NOT be a Hawk

andycard69

good, Swift might be a good fit for half the price.

Anybody know if Knight is interested in Chris Andersen? This guy definitely fits Knight's profile and he could come off the bench for us and back up the frontcourt.

I'd be happy with a resigned Pryz, sign Swift/Andersen/Collier

the story on ESPN makes no sense. It speaks of the Nets (obviously) wanting to SNT KMart to Denver for Skitta (as Denver is balking at Nene). This assists Denver, only as it solidifies their offseason. The worry that NJ will take the full 15 days, and possibly match in the end; that result would not only deny Denver KMart, it would cost them considerable time to maneuver in the rest of the FA market. However, through a SNT for Skitta...yeah, see, that won't work. KMart will be making considerably more than Skitta post-SNT, thus that won't work. Perhaps they meant to say that NJ wants to "trade them" based on their current salaries, with Denver promising to use the agreed upon "max" once he's under contract...but unless I'm mistaken, and it's possible, you can't trade players, even rFA ones, during the FA period?

thus skitta for kmart wouldn't work, and I'm not sure who else on Denver NJ could obtain for that kind of money (unless it's Camby plus Skitta?).

in short, this amounts to NJ somewhat admitting that they a) do not want to give KMart the max/what he's being offered by both the Hawks and the Nuggets (though they could change thier minds' once under the gun)

b) the follow up being that NJ doesn't really want to lose him for nothing

c) Denver is afraid that NJ might match, thus negating their offseason in many ways, as most FA's will be signed by then (July 30th)

d) Denver's not parting with Nene

what this means to the Hawks: that, if their offer still remains on the table (?), we really don't ahve the chips to barter for Kmart through an SNT. That being said, Denver, if NJ can't work out a trade, will have to decide whether or not they want to place their offseason in the hands of the Nets...or the Hawks (if it's still offered, KMart would choose between Denver and Atl, in terms of signing the contract).

the same position that Denver is in is the same one that we would then place ourselves in.

Because Denver is under the cap they can absorb KMart in a trade and send anything or nothing back to NJ. I think NJ should jump all over this deal. KMart doesnt want to be there and NJ doesnt want to pay him, yet they could get a good young player when otherwise they get nothing.

Yea the Nets can match any offer, cap space does not matter. Has to do with the Bird rights and Kenyon being with them 3 years or more. Cleveland messed this up by not picking up Boozer's option and let him become a free agent with only two years on their team.

Nets can match and actually keep Kenyon if they choose whereas Cleveland can only match up to their cap space or give him the 5 mill dollar exception.

If ESPN is accurate on Kenyon, no sweat from me. Harrington brings a lot and that gives us a lot more cap space for this year and next.

Link is here on the sign and trade: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1838165

Heck, if we do not use to much more of our cap room this year, we could afford anyone next year when Henderson and the others come off the books.

""F" Kenyon Martin then."

- its all good... we got the NUGGETS to sign him for the max. after this year, they wont be a big target for FREE AGENTS anymore...

we dont have to make our SIGNATURE MOVE this offseason (necessarily)... just play our cards right and we'll get there...

to ensure that NJ doesn't match their offer to K-Mart. If NJ is not going to match, they would be smart to accept a sign and trade and get something of value out of the deal. I read somewhere that Denver was willing to give up two future first round picks AND Tskita to ensure that NJ didn't match the offer. I sure as hell hope Billy doesn't try to get into that kind of bidding war. No future firsts! I'd rather just hold tight with Harrington and go after Swift in free agency.