• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's Saturday Trade!

Diesel

• Premium Member

Theo/1st (det) to Memphis for Battier/Lo.

Then...

Toni/Smith to LAL for George/Medvendenko.

We would end up with:

JT/Belcher

DJ/Glover

Battier/George/CC

SAR/Lo/Hendu

Nazr/Medvendenko

A versatile lineup with some good quality players.

1)As much as i love COOKIE, we dont have room. We need NEWBLE. After all hes done, i think we need to add him to our roster this upcoming year.

Sure we dont have a PURE POINT GUARD after terry, but terry isint injury prone, plays many minutes... and if something did happen, we can sign short 10-day contracts with players like COOKIE.

2)Phil Jackson loves DEFENSIVE MINDED players (they dont need offensive help with Oneal and Bryant).

Fisher (can take the charge),

Bryant (very good one-on-one D),

Fox (one of the best defenders on the team),

Horry (good defender),

Shaq (good blocker).

On the Bulls team, Jackson yelled at Kukoc many times out of frustration. On the contrary i remember a time Jackson designed a game-winning play for KUKOC instead of PIPPEN (who was very angry at the time). But hey, the bulls won that game.

3)Leon Smith. With no-bad news from him this year, i think many teams would be willing to work with him. Both deals u listed are FAIR (for both teams).

The Memphis trade is something we've been over many times, so I'll skip that. I like the trade, if it matters.

Now, the L.A. trade. Both George and Medvedenko are FAs, so it would have to be a SNT. I think Phil would like to have Kukoc again, he's the unselfish type of player that L.A. needs. Doesn't need many shots, but can finish when teams clamp down on Shaq and Kobe. Overall, I like it...depending on the deals given to George and Medvedenko.

My opinion on the Memphis trade is well documented, but I could LIVE with it I suppose wink.gif

But the Laker deal is a NO GO IMO......lets just sign George for the MCE and keep Leon and trade Toni someplace else. Medvedenko isnt much better if any over Hanno so thats not an upgrade. I dont want to lose Leon this quickly is my biggest problem with that deal. Dont want to lose Toni, but his salary and injury problems hurt us so I would be willing to do that.

If we did that deal Nazr would be the backup and Lo would

start at center.I don't think the Lakers would want Toni's

contract...If he was cheaper they might take him.Maybe

some how we do the Memphis deal and ship off CC somehow

so we can keep Newble instead?

• Premium Member

In reply to:

I don't think the Lakers would want Toni's

contract..

I think that the Lakers would love Toni and his contract. Toni is relatively Cheap. His contract fits in well with the end of Shaq. I think Phill might want Toni because of Toni's ability to run the offense. IN his offense now, he would love to play a bigger more defensive gaurd than Fisher. Maybe Shaw. But still have a ball handler that he can go to like Toni who can run the triangle. If there was a team that Toni were going to, LAL is on the list.

Second, the Big C Medvelenko out of LA will be pretty good.

He's not Shaq, but he hasn't had the chance to show everything he has.