• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who's getting the money.....

Diesel

• Premium Member

I went to see Spiderman. I liked the movie, but during the start I watched what seemed like 6 advertisements and 10 previews. My question is why wasn't the movie free? Coke and the other companies had to pay a fee to advertise on the movie screen. YET, the cost of the movies still go up. Who's gettting the money?

• Admin

The movie itself doesn't ship with any advertisements beyond a few trailers. Usually the movie itself will have about 2-3 trailers "in the can" with it and the theater itself gets to add another trailer or two or three....

All of the advertisements you see at he beginning are put on by the theater/theater company. It's usually a combination. Some of them are deals made by the company itself and the theater itself can get local advertisements on its own. The movie distributors/producers/etc don't get any cut of that.

on a side note: it sure is annoying. It's gotten to be like watching a movie on ABC or something. Commercial after commercial after commercial... But it's the nature of the game I suppose.

someone's got to pay the bill for those over-priced movies that cost over 100million in production, yet make less than 30 million in sales. See "around the world," or whatever that piece of [censored] was with Jackiet Chan.

• Premium Member

I knew eventually, it would start happening. At least, where I live anyway, the commercials only last for like the 1st 3 or 4 minutes into the movie...and at least their good commercials y'know? *lol* Imagine if they start running local works...

What I find REALLY funny is during the previews. I need to hear this sh#t EVERY TIME I go. It happens right about the time the umpteenth preview comes on. I completely dig the previews and feel cheeted if I ever have to miss one (not often). But some people get so annoyed *lol* and when that one hits that breaks the camel's back... It's too funny. They're like, "Damn! Get on with the movie already." *lol* Sh#t is like clockwork man...