• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Smooth scores 26 in Hawks 78-74 win!!!!!

Inside_Man

I suppose you 'liberals' who are so interested in 'reform' and abandoning traditional ideologies would like to abolish freedom of speech while you're rewriting the rest of the constitution.

Have you ever pulled over a guy with a rainbow on his bumper and told him how much it annoyed you to see his pride in his sexual orientation? I wouldn't guess that you have.

I went to GA Tech for 4 years and saw several gay pride 'parades' go by. The gays were applauded for making out in the street, but if a Christian pulled out a bible in public, people wanted to stone him.

We're not interested in freedom of speech and religion in this country (2 major tenets of constitutional law). No, we're only interested in seeing the views and lifestyles of those who do not value morals and absolute truth. I believe that people have a right to believe what they want per our nation's laws, and those people can publicly air their views. You are not 'protected' from hearing their views unless they are obscene. 'Obscenity' is what kept gays from having parades for 2 centuries. However, our definition of obscene changed, so the parades began. While KB21's views may not be in line with yours, they certainly aren't obscene, so stop trying to rob him of his fundamental, inalienable rights.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I post in forums that are politically oriented. This forum is not. In fact perhaps before you were around there was a forum that was politically oriented. The forum was abolished because the moderators seemed to be tired of moderating it. If you want to post about these sorts of things maybe you can ask the mod to open up the politics board again. Or maybe go to the loung e here or another off topic forum.

And in regards to your diatribe:

1) I am a fan of free speech but believe firmly that politics and religion (as most are told from childhood) are issues that should not be brought up whenever someone has a whim.

2) I have never pulled over someone with a rainbow pride sticker and for that matter have never pulled over anyone with any sticker primarily because I am not a racist, homophobe or moron. *** Not to imply that you are any of these things. But to go through with an act like that would pretty much fill the criteria for me to be two of the above.***

• Premium Member

The children are our future. Teach them well and let them lead the way. Show them all the beauty they possess inside. Give them a sense of pride to make it easier. Let the children's laughter remind us of how it use to be.

We are the world, we are the children. We are the ones who make a brighter day so let's start giving. There's a choice we're making. We're saving our own lives. It's true we'll make a better day just you and me.

Yes we urge to merge. We live for the love of our people the hope that they get along (Yeah, so we did a song).

Getting the point to our brothers and sisters who don't know the time (boyyyee, so we wrote a rhyme).

It's dead in your head, you know, I'll drive to build and collectourselves with intellect (Come on!).

To revolve to evolve to self respect, because we got to keep ourselves in check.

Or else it's...

Self Destruction, ya headed for Self Destruction

Self Destruction, ya headed for Self Destruction

Quote:

While KB21's views may not be in line with yours, they certainly aren't obscene, so stop trying to rob him of his fundamental, inalienable rights.

hmm...

Quote:

I know I can turn all signatures off and
you can do whatever you want
, but
is it really necessary here?

I have plenty of other things to say to your rant , and quite frankly, I feel sorry for you with all that hate bottled up. But again, this is not the place for all this, and as beav said, I also go to political and religious boards (who even brought up religion until you did?) to discuss those things.

I never threatened KB nor did I try to take away any of his rights. All I did was ask him if it was necessary, because I think that we can all come together in a more positive way to discuss the hawks if we don't constantly promote our political views as they tend to be polarizing and get rises out of people (as you are illustrating). Quite frankly I think KB understands that, and that's why he changed it.

The ensuing barb should show you what I was talking about. People get pissed off when discussing or thinking about politics. I think we can all agree that hawksquawk is better off as a whole if that stuff is left to other boards.

• Premium Member

I am in agreement with KB and CBA. Liberals can say and do what they want but if someone has their own opinions they attack to the hilt.

The moral values of this country are going in the toilet. Outlaw Bibles and prayer so you can do what feels good, the heck with the children you are parading in front of, after all you should be able to do what you want, when and where you want right?

We could go on and on about this. There are two cultures in our society...........those who want to do right and those who could care less

Just my .02

You are right. I took what you said to KB to an extreme. You were merely expressing your distaste for KB's position. That said, there is much truth in what I said, and it stands. You did say that his political position was 'annoying' to you. You left that part out of your quote. Saying, 'you can do whatever you want' is trite, and it's meaningless when you persecute someone for doing what he wants.

However, you couldn't be more wrong about the 'hate' that I have 'bottled up'. I do not hate anyone, and wouldn't call someone out for expressing his opinions, values, or beliefs. You were the one who did that. The passion that I might have expressed in my 'rant' or 'diatribe' comes from repeated violations of my rights by the same people who claim to strive to preserve the rights of others. Do not confuse my love for justice and fairness with hatred.

You say that discussions about political views are polarizing, and you are correct, but don't call me out for 'bringing up religion'. This is not a political discussion. It is a discussion about whether a person should wear his beliefs on his sleeve or keep them under wraps. If he peacefully projects them, why should they cause a stir? You were the one who had a problem with that.

Quote:

1) I am a fan of free speech but believe firmly that politics and religion (as most are told from childhood) are issues that should not be brought up whenever someone has a whim.

But should they be kept under wraps? That is the question? Should we keep our views completely secret to avoid offending anyone??? What sort of freedom is that? We have grown far too timid in this nation, as political correctness is now the only value that we seem to stand for.

Quote:

2) I have never pulled over someone with a rainbow pride sticker and for that matter have never pulled over anyone with any sticker primarily because I am not a racist, homophobe or moron. *** Not to imply that you are any of these things. But to go through with an act like that would pretty much fill the criteria for me to be two of the above.***

Of course I wouldn't do this. I believe the person who wears the rainbow has a right to wear his rainbow. I think you might have missed my point, though. You wouldn't call out a gay person for wearing his rainbow, but you would call out KB for wearing an elephant (Republican...I'm sorry I have to explain. Don't mean to insult your intelligence, but you'd be surprised what some people don't know...). Why is the rainbow acceptable or applaudable, but the elephant despicable?

This is the connundrum that I wanted to put in your mind. Don't skirt it. Think about it.

I'm not just babbling, either. That's insulting, and I believe you know that I can think.

CBA ~ the primary reason this is conversation is happening concerns previous "debates" that spiraled out of control. It's what led to the "removal" of the off topic area and it's change to "the lounge."

while the squawk is generally a very civil board, with some heated exchanges pertaining to the Hawks/NBA...it's also true that at times, the political baggage can taint/detract from topics of the NBA, thus the replies to take this elsewhere/to political boards.

Personally, I have no problem with the signature ~ it would perhaps be better suited as an avatar, but that's about it. He's not "making you listen to him," he's simply putting something next to his name.

In short, this is a basketball/entertainment forum. Forays away from that have led to disputes that have coloured the discussions in non-productive manners, thus the request to leave them at the sign in door.