• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Forget Skitta.... Hawks should trade for NENE....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Nene is very unhappy with the acquisition of Martin. I would give then Diaw/#1 2007 (Phi) for Nene. That would be a great deal for us. Nene' is a real PF/C type. If we got Damp...

Imagine:

JT/J-Smooth/Lil Al/Nene'/Damp.

Who would want to play against the hawks?

Skitta hasn't shown nothing. He's practically been a bust since coming in the league. One good summer league doesn't make him a player yet... IF they like him so, they won't mind giving up Nene...

• Admin

Nene would be a great pickup. I would do that deal. From what I have been reading, he is very happy about Martin. Camby will be the sixth man while Melo, Martin and Nene are the starting front line.

Denver I think wants to keep the roster intact because they just became contenders. They don't have any room for skitta. I personally want to keep Diaw and his multifaceted game.

Diesel -

I noticed that you have mentioned J-Smooth at SG a few times in the past week or so. Are you mistaking J-Smooth (Josh Smith) with J-Chill (Josh Childress)? From what I've read J-Smooth is a SF verging on PF, far from being a SG.

On a side note, I see Hansen starting above J-Chill, at least at the start of the season. I believe Hansen will fill the role Sura played at the end of last season.

JT / Diaw / Ivey

Hansen / J-Chill / Donta

Diaw / J-Smooth / CC

Harrington / CC / Hendu

Dampier (hopefully) / Collier / Hendu

• Premium Member

Actually, I mentioned J-Smooth 1 time this week as SG. I have the theory of medium ball. The thing about J-Smooth (Josh Smith) is that he can hit the three ball. In his first yr, he might be like V. Carter in terms of package. What I mean is that an Early Vince played Sf but had the ability to be a Sg but didn't shoot well enough. J-Smooth is a PF of the future but because he can hit a three pointer and put the ball on the floor, I would give him a shot at Sg if we got a guy like Nene...

J-Chill Vs. Hansen depends on 1 thing...

Defense.

I think J-Chill's versatility outweighs Hansen's atheleticism and that's purely a call for the future. What I mean by that is that I think in the future, J-Chill will be a better player, so why not try to develop him this year. Hansen is atheletic but how is his defense and passing?

A lot of these answer won't be apparent until vet camp starts...

Thanks for the clarification. To me, J-Smooth is a little to big to be playing SG. He'd have difficulty guarding the pros at that position IMO. I think he'd be good the first year or so at SF but I really hope that he can make the leap to PF pretty quickly. He seems more fit to play that position than Harrington does.

Now, if we were to get Nene, I believe that he would be playing C for us which allows for Harrington to play PF with J-Smooth developing behind him and Diaw at SF. I think this would also cancel the need for Dampier.

JT

Hansen

Diaw

Harrington

Nene

If we were to get Dampier as well then our lineup would probably look like this.

JT / Diaw / Ivey

Diaw / J-Chill / Hansen / Donta

Harrington / J-Smooth / CC

Nene / Hendu / CC

Dampier / Collier / Hendu

In this version, not only would Hansen be restricted in minutes (development), either Donta or Ivey would have to go on IR.

get us Nene now with the POSSIBLE exception of Al Harrington and with K-Mart on the roster, I think Denver needs a 4/5 (Nene) a lot more than a 3/4 (AH). DEN MIGHT give us Nene/filler for one of the Joshes or Diaw and AH but I can't imagine them giving him up for anything else. Heck, they wouldn't even give up Nene to land K-Mart! Nene is a big, young, strong, athletic, aggressive big man who hasn't even come close to reaching his potential yet. It will take a LOT to get him. Kiki might die of laughter of Billy offered Diaw straight up. Teams like Dallas, Phoenix and Memphis would give up a LOT more than that for Nene.

No doubt his rebounding needs to improve but he's only 21 and I think he'll get better as he learns the game. K-Mart was not a very good rebounder his first few years in the league either but he was solid last year. I think Nene will be the same way.

Quote:

Nene is very unhappy with the acquisition of Martin. I would give then Diaw/#1 2007 (Phi) for Nene. That would be a great deal for us. Nene' is a real PF/C type. If we got Damp...

classic diesel - makes up stuff to justify his horribly unfair and biased trades.

nene is EXTREMELY happy we got kmart. so much so, in fact that he cut his vacation short to come back and start working out in denver. get your facts straight.

as for your deal, that is one pathetic trade that has no chance. NONE. not even close.

Quote:

Skitta hasn't shown nothing. He's practically been a bust since coming in the league. One good summer league doesn't make him a player yet... IF they like him so, they won't mind giving up Nene...

again its DIAW...not exactly an all star here. ask for nene and kiki hangs up the phone in 1/2 a second.

Quote:

I seriously doubt Diaw/future 1st would pry Nene away.

bingo.

Quote:

Well the pipe dream may become reality when NENE hits FAcy...

enjoy the wait...and he'll be restricted. so he wont be going anywhere. you dont really think these "dream plans" out very much, do you?

Quote:

DEN MIGHT give us Nene/filler for one of the Joshes or Diaw and AH but I can't imagine them giving him up for anything else. Heck, they wouldn't even give up Nene to land K-Mart! Nene is a big, young, strong, athletic, aggressive big man who hasn't even come close to reaching his potential yet. It will take a LOT to get him. Kiki might die of laughter of Billy offered Diaw straight up. Teams like Dallas, Phoenix and Memphis would give up a LOT more than that for Nene.

nice post.