• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Walker a Hawk?

Vafan

The NY Post is reporting that Antoine Walker will be a Hawk. Jason Terry and Alan Henderson are gone. If we sign Dampier, our frontcourt is set. Dampier, Walker, Harrington isn't a bad frontcourt. Although I hate Walker, his contract comes off the books in one year.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

The NY Post is reporting that Antoine Walker will be a Hawk. Jason Terry and Alan Henderson are gone. If we sign Dampier, our frontcourt is set. Dampier, Walker, Harrington isn't a bad frontcourt. Although I hate Walker, his contract comes off the books in one year.

Huh, NY Post is a rumor mill but they have been right on accasions. I wonder if this would free up anymore cap space? Terry and Henderson make a chunk of change when you combine the two.

books. I am perfectly content with that as well. That gives us just the extra smidgen of cap room we would need to get Damp and Swift. Makes me think that Diaw must be going to be our PG this year as I dont know of anyone out there right now that would be worth signing who would start for us since Jamal Crawford is reportedly to be a Knick according to this article.

Quote:

August 3, 2004 -- Call it win one, lose one for the Knicks.

While Jamal Crawford is expected to join the Knicks as soon as today in a trade with the Bulls, it looks like Isiah Thomas will lose out on another piece he'd hope to bring to the Garden — Antoine Walker.

That's because Walker will be traded tomorrow from the Mavs to the Hawks for Jason Terry and Alan Henderson, a league source revealed.

Walker, a forward, never really fit in during his one year with the Mavs, and was hoping for a deal to either the Sixers (where he'd have been reunited with ex-Celtic coach Jim O'Brien) or the Knicks.

Walker is owed $14.625M in the final year of his contract. Terry, a guard, has $7.5M and $6.6M left over two years, while Henderson, an injury-prone forward, is owed $8.2M for one year.

—Peter Vecsey

How interesting could this be? We DEFINITELY need to get a PG or two this off-season if this is true. Diaw can handle it, but not full time. I know Walker is another point forward-type, but that doesn't make him or PG.

Diaw / J. Harrington?

J-Chill / Hansen

A. Harrington / J-Smooth

Walker / CC

Dampier? / Collier

I don't know about you, but this is scary to me, and not in a good way.

If it happens, I will show my total support for BK and not say anything bad about it because I'm sure he has a master plan going for him.

If anything, I see this as more capspace for next year. Walker's and CC's contract off in the same year; now that's scary in a good way!

Definitely-definitely need a PG!

Quote:

Diaw / J. Harrington?

J-Chill / Hansen

A. Harrington / J-Smooth

Walker / CC

Dampier? / Collier

I don't know about you, but this is scary to me, and not in a good way.

I agree, this is scary but what would be a nightmare is if Damp goes elsewere. Walker may be a forward but I doubt he remembers what "inside the paint" means anymore.

Quote:

If it happens, I will show my total support for BK and not say anything bad about it because I'm sure he has a master plan going for him.

If anything, I see this as more capspace for next year. Walker's and CC's contract off in the same year; now that's scary in a good way!

I like your attitude. I will support BK and the Hawks too, no matter who we end up with and just keep hoping for the best as time goes on.

I dont mind trading JT, but for Walker.......this trade sucks. Now we wont have a PG, although some of you always seemed to say we dont need one, and I thought we were building this team on a run and gun type of team with ahletic guys, and Walker is far beyond this.

I would like this for 4 reasons:

-We finally get rid of JT. Not that he's horrible or anything, but you always have to compensate for him. Getting rid of him is getting rid of a headache, and at some point we can get a true PG.

-For the first time of his career Walker would have a coach that would at least attempt to teach him discipline. He's always had coaches that let him do what he wants and fire away. I'm not a big walker fan, but it would be fun to watch.

-His contract comes off the books in a year so if we want our capspace, we have it. If we want him to stay, we'd probably have decent odds.

-All remnants of the babcock era are finally gone. CC being the exception, but all major pieces would be gone

• Premium Member

Well, Vecsey and his league source is one thing...

But to treat this rumor as possible, let's think about it.

What would BK do for PG?

My guess is Diaw will have to step up and play it with Harrington/Ivey as his supporting cast.

Diaw/J-chill/Harrington/Walker/Damp...

As long as we all remember that Walker is a 1 yr player and that this team is a rebuilding process, I think we should be good. Still, the question is why?

More than likely, that's not the total trade...

Wouldn't it be funny....

If we shipped out a first rounder unprotected and Diaw and we got Devin Harris too?

Harris/Harrington/Ivy

J-Chill/Hansen

Al/J-Smooth/D. Smith

Walker/CC

Damp/Collier

I'd love to get Devin Harris. Doubtful that Dallas gives him up though. Isn't there some sort of restriction on trading signed first round picks?

I'll believe this trade when I see it in a credible source. If it does go down it really creates a void at the point. Is Damon Jones still available? Maybe the Hawks could make a play for a young point guard like Mo Williams, Frank Williams, or the like.

Walker and Al kind of complement each other. One is a Sf that loves playing with his back to the basket, the other is a PF that is on the verge of breaking the number of three pointers attempted in a career. Trade wouldn't hurt, but I would hate to see JT go. The hawks might as well sign JT to a lifetime contract cause i don't think he is going anywhere. Please don't quote me on that last sentence.

If this is true....I am not sure where Billy is going with this. Is he trying to build with Walker? or is he a rent-a-player for a year. If that is the case why even make this move?

I am not sure if I like this move or not. Billy will have to explain this one.

There is really nothing I like about walker's game. Just one more PF that thinks he's reggie miller and I don't like it. We need guys that are going to do the dirty work and he won't.

Howver, the cap room created would be tremendous once Walker, and CC left.