• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can USA's problems be traced to NBA officiating?

_sturt_

It's popularly accepted that the NBA game -- with its uneven standards for calling fouls and violations -- is different from that of college ball.

Turning aside from the Damp conversations for a moment... what's the consensus here, espeically among those of you who've watched this current team struggle... is the international game called significantly differently from the NBA, and is some part of this struggle due to NBA players unable to get used to international officiating?

Yes.

These players are being called for walking in international competition, and that's a rule the officials in the NBA don't enforce unless it is blatantly obvious. These NBA players aren't used to being called for walking.

i think thats part of the problem... but not the main problem.

MAIN PROBLEM

- we didnt send our best player. i honestly believe that we'd win every game if we sent KIDD, SHAQ, TMAC, KOBE, and GARNETT as our starting 5.

OTHER BIG PROBLEMS

- no chemistry. offense looks messy. we finally set TIM DUNCAN as our first option. W/o TIM DUNCAN, we dont even have a chance at GOLD IMO. the roles are slowly being set.

- little time to prepare

- little international competition experience

- other teams have an edge... they prob know how each and every US individual plays. its a lot easier to get scouting tips of US NBA players than it is to get scouting tips on other players. plus, some teams have 1 NBA star on their team (like DIRK). im sure thats an advantage.

• Admin

That most of the guys on the team just can't play. They are one dimensional players who lack the fundamentals to compete in real team basketball. I mean look at the roster. There is not one pure shooter on that team. AI, mello, Bron, scorers, not shooters. Not to mention the lack of passers. Bron is a good passer, but he's far from being great, yet.

That's the real problem, to me. They just didn't get good basketball players on the team. They got great stars and great NBA players. But very few basketball players.

I agree with chilzatl here.. If Duncan refused to play this team would really struggle... There are No shooters, no pass first point guard, One true center (Duncan). The teams only made up of the 'entertaining' players and you could stick an AND1 team out there and they'll be 'entertaining' but will they win??

(Im not comparing Team USA to an And 1 team only using it as an example grin.gif)