• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Damp Deal to Dallas - 7 yrs, 73 mil!!!

Inside_Man

The Dance is finally over, Damp has his money and the Hawks will be just fine without him. One million per rebound is what his contract averages out to be. NO WAY IS THIS GUY WORTH THAT. I have lost much respect for the Mavs and their front office doing such a deal. Gee wiz Cuban, your billions have made you a little crazy. Hey Dallas fans, how do you feel about being robbed?

Quote:

Jeez, and they did not want to pay Nash a similar deal. Just imagine Damp collecting 14-15 million at the end of his deal. Ouch.

... at age 38!

Quote:

Heard it on the radio. That's insane. Dallas doin dumb damp deal.

Also, no third team involved.

My family our Hawk fans and Mav fans, and let me tell you the majority of my family doesn't like the idea of paying Dampier that amount of money. The Mavs do need a quality center, but I don't even consider Dampier quality. Dampier needs to show he is worthy of that type of money, and on top of that the Mavs gave up two first round picks.

• Premium Member

See, this is exactly how things get out of control...why a guy like KMart thinks he's worth maximum dollars. On the flipside of things, I saw a breakdown of Damp's contract on Real GM. I don't know if it's accurate but:

04-05 - $7,600,000 - Year 1 - age 29

05-06 - $8,550,000 - Year 2 - age 30

06-07 - $9,500,000 - Year 3 - age 31

07-08 - $10,450,000 - Year 4 - age 32

08-09 - $11,400,000 - Year 5 - age 33

09-10 - $12,350,000 - Year 6 - age 34

10-11 - $13,300,000 - Year 7 - age 35 - team option

The first 4 years aren't THAT bad. Damp's a MLE guy in my book so, I still think that's a bit much; but if this was 4 year deal with an option after 3, I could stomach it. But come '07/'08 if Damp reverts back to the underachieving stiff that he's been, I will make it a personal goal of mine to let someone know (every single day) how stupid the Mavs and Mark Cuban are.

It was a ridiculous deal. Especially now that they probably wont need a big guy like Damp that much in the West because Shaq is back East. Their are hardly any big bruising centers in the West, it was a ridiculous deal and if I was a Dallas fan i'll be all over Cuban's a$$ for this one.

that's alot of jacks for Damp...as I've said in my few posts...I didn't want him anyway, so now I can breath...

GM are alway graded on the deals that they do, but some of the best GM should be praised on the deals that they don't do...I believe that this is what will make BK on the great GM...He not only knows how to manage money, bring in names that will get attention, and create teams that should have chemistry, but he can judge talent...He suckered us into taking SAR, while he got Paul Gasol (who is the MVP of the Olympics)...although Jerry West is getting the credit, he built the foundation of the Grizz, that went to the playoffs(yes he got fired, but what team wouldn't take Jerry West if given the chance)...He will give Atlanta an opportunity to become a 1st Class Organization