• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lets trade Reef! Lets trade JT! Are yall ok?

Hawksfreak

I'm sick and tired of hearing yall saying lets trade Reef and JT that will make our team better! What the heck lets go find Dennis Rodman and Isaiah Rider,and get rid of Reef and JT! That would make our team way better! LOL! Yall scaring me to death and for those ppl that say trading Reef and JT is wrong you guys got brains! Let me straighten this down one more time! JT and Reef are our FRANCHISE players! Jermain is better then Reef! LMFAO! Spree is better then JT! LOLOLOL! No wait I got a great trade JT and Reef for Michael Jordan's Mom and a bag of boiled peanuts! O man we would dominate.....not "Here come MJ's MOM down the court opps she cracked her back and alright she is dead!" The Peanuts would bring Dennis Rodman and Marilyn Manson so they can suck on them! LOL! C'mon ppl trading Reef and JT would be a disater!

Nobody is suggesting that we trade 'Reef or JT for Popeye Jones, Clarence Weatherspoon, or Eddie House.

The trades involving JT and 'Reef are for other quality, proven, All-Star caliber players. Teams like Houston and the Knicks aren't scared to send their franchise players elsewhere.

I hated it as much as everyone else when we traded 'Nique. I'll trade anybody as long as we're getting value for them. We traded 'Nique for Danny Manning. If somebody offered us a player that I know would improve our team, I would trade JT or 'Reef in a heartbeat.

The NBA is a business. There's no such thing as loyalty in business. You do whatever you have to do to succeed. Nobody gets to the top without burning a few people along the way.

Oh, and I'm just fine. Thanks for your concern.

Why is it that you can only criticize others for their trade ideas, and yet you cannot make up one for yourself or even give a list (a much simpler task) when asked of the players you would trade Reef or JT for. Nothing wrong with being a homer by any means here Freak, but you should be able to come up with some trades that work on your own and not just be critical of others ideas.

Well neither of those teams would make those trades with us. Oneal and Miller are worth more together than Reef is, but its close.

We could never get Davis straight up for JT because the league is enamored with Davis. Personally I would rather keep JT than trade him for another similar PG.

Good ideas though, but I dont see either team doing them.

Like I said personally if I were trading JT it wouldnt be for another similar PG, like Davis is. I would only trade to get back Andre Miller or Jason Kidd if I were trying to bring back a PG, but honestly if I traded JT it would be because DD has proved he can handle the point and therefore I would try and fill another hole on the team in trading JT.

• Premium Member

The things to consider in a trade...

1. What outcome will this have on the Hawks... On the other team.

That includes:

a. Team Chemistry.

b. potential vs. ability.

c. Marketability of the team.

2. Does this cover a need?

3. Can we get rid of a bad Contract?

Now this is important. A lot of trades involving SAR or JT, I will add in Hendu, CC, or Toni because those are bad contracts. Not neccessarily bad players, but bad contracts.

For example...

I proposed SAR/Hendu for Oneal/Croshere I think...

Here's the interesting part...

Oneal and SAR are both allstar PFs. The difference is that SAR is more offensive minded, Oneal is more defensive minded. Oneal will never be the offensive player that SAR is but Oneal will get you 18/10.

However, i was looking at the chemistry...

Oneal will mash well with Theo, DJ, Ira. Our team has all the sudden become very strong defensively without losing a whole lot offensively.

Also, we lose Hendu and get Croshere. Talentwise Croshere is able to play Sf. He has good Speed and can shoot. Hendu is strickly a PF. At 6'10 people think he can play C but he can't rebound well enough.However, for Indy... Isiah being a Bobby Knight grad and Big Al being a Bobby Knight grad, there are certain things that Isiah could convey to Al that Al would understand. Plus Indy gets out of Croshere's contract...

While we take on Croshere's contract, we can use Croshere more than we could Hendu.

Also, Indy would be compelled to do it because they don't have to deal with FA of ONeal. This is the gamble...

The other trade I proposed is strickly potential.

SAR/Toni/Glover for Penny/Stoudamire/Matrix/Outlaw (as redone by ...I can't remember).

Anyway, this trade is the same type... We get Matrix to play Sf... He fills our need there. He's a true 16/8 Sf. We also get Stoudamire. He's the gamble. If he's another Dontonio Wingfield we have little to show for SAR... But if he's good, then we have a good deal. Phoenix gets a top PF. Gets out of Penny's long heavy contract, and make room for their future stars Johnson and Jacobsen by getting rid of Penny.