• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ebay

Eeeee

I bought some Jordan 13's on ebay and they were fako.

I was pissed, I told the guy straight up I wanted my money back or Id leave negative feedback and inform the webmaster and he gave it back real fast!

I was mad, but at least he was running an honest scam.

Anyone else had any ebay experiences like this?

• Admin

If you check the auction, he probably had something listed on there, at hte bottom, in small type, that they are not "authentic". Failure to do so will result in his account being suspended. But as long as he had that on there, he's in the clear.

Usually people like that will give you your money back though.

If he doesn't complain to ebay, tell them that he's advertising authentic merchandise that is not authentic. They will investigate and most likely suspend his account.

I only got ripped once, on some fake sunglasses. But the person was trying to pawn them off as authentic, wiht no notification otherwise. I wasn't the only person to get ripped. His account got suspended.

This was back in teh early days of ebay, before they had clearly defined a lot of these policies. I only lost $25 though, so it wasn't a huge loss.

i only bought 1 thing from EBAY.

my younger bro, at the time, was really into wrestling (WWF). He found the latest PPW event on ebay for $10. so i bought it from him. the guy gave me a good review, fast payment and all. but in return, i gave him a bad review and emailed him as well.

he sold me a COPY (TV- video recorded) of the event and it was poor quality (worse than regular TV w/ an antenna).

but hey, i lost $10... so its all good.

his response to my email?

"everyone on EBAY is doing it! all the videos are copied!"

• Premium Member

There was a rare Videogame being sold on Ebay for $20. The auction ended at 6AM so I got up around 5:45 to drop a last second bid on it. I was prepared to pay up to $50 on it. I won the auction for around $35. They sent me the game...

...and it was a CDR burn.

I was kinda torn as to what to do. On one hand, I had been ripped off because I got a burned CD that I probably could have made for free. On the other hand, I had this rare game that I was dying to play.

I just said fuggit. I let the universe work itself out. In the end, God gives everyone what they deserve...whether they know it or not. cool.gif

I have been selling/buying on eBay for about 3 years. I had 90 positive feedbacks with no negative or neutral.

About 6 weeks ago, I was selling some video games before I moved, and I sold a copy of Paper Mario to some guy. He never paid and never responded to any of my emails or payment reminders.

After 4 weeks, I filed a non-paying bidder report with eBay to get my listing and final value fees refunded. Well, this guy is miffed that I would file a NPB on him, and get this..

He left me a neutral.

What a total sack. The guy has a -1 feedback (1 pos, 2 neg), so it's not the first time he has chumped out on a payment.