• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone else think that we might gel very quickly?

Admin

I was just thinking that with Kenny playing with Toine and Delk in the past and with Kenny playing with Al last year that we might be able to really get into a groove early on and play as a team. Sure there will be growing pains, but I really think that our team should have some excellent chemistry. We have 2 legit 20 point scorers on the team and a bunch of hungry young guys and solid veterans so I wouldnt totally dismiss being in the running for the playoffs next year if Woodson can get them playing together as a team quickly.

You know what you make a great point. Kenny is a PG, yes we all know I was a huge JT fan, but I admitted he wasn’t a true PG. Kenny will more than likely be the starting PG. And one thing Kenny can do is run the point. He played with both Toine and Al and thats a big plus for us, because now we have a PG that knows our top two scorers. Most likely it will be Kenny/Al/ Toine/ drobnjak, now I believe the 2 guard spot will be open for Diaw or Childress. Diaw will really need to prove himself in training camp. Childress hopefully will come hungry and steal this from him. Barry was a great pickup, a hustler, defender, shooter, with handles, reminds me of Sura just a much better shooter.

Now about making a run for the playoffs, it is quite possible. Now for us to make a serious run for the playoffs, I believe we need to add another serviceable big man, Willis will do. Childress and Josh Smith need to have a good, not great but just good rookie season…both need avgs of about 8-10 ppg, 3-6 rpg. Now we have a lot of scorers off the bench….CC will also help out this year and then of course Collier. Right now are weak spot is center. We have just improved the PG position by adding Kenny and having Delk as his backup. Our 2-guards are also very well solid with Diaw, Childress, and Barry. The SF and PF spot is very well solified with either Al or Walker playing that spot and having CC, Diaw, Josh Smith and Collier is backups. Center is the weak spot all we have is Drobnjak and Collier, if we could sign Willis, I will say we are pretty solid at center.

I think we can definitely make a run for the playoffs !!!

Even if we do sign Willis we will still be weak in the middle, but other than Shaq in Miami so is everyone else in the eastern conference. I agree with all of your other points though. I think if everything goes right we should compete for the eight seed in the playoffs, and I also think we will play much better after the all-star break.

• Admin

I pretty much agree with what you said with the exception of SMith avg. 8 - 10 ppg. I don't think he will get much PT this season. This will be a learing year for him and a humbling one too. He will have to do this from the bench. I think with the current signings it will be okay since Diaw can also play SF.

Anderson/Delk

Diaw or Childress/Barry

Harrington/Diaw or Childress / Smith

Walker / CC

Drob/Collier

FA Big man..hopfully Clark or Swift.

IL

Ivey

D. Smith

We are going to have to sign a tough big guy for us to contend every night. Aside from that, I'm very excited about our chances in the future, and this upcoming season about challenging for a playoff spot. The reason I say that is simple... What 8 teams in the East are so strong as to say we have no chance? If NJ trades Kidd for something like SAR, they might drop out of the playoffs. We had SAR/JT/Dog/Ratliff and won 25+ games, RJ/SAR ain't going to do much more. So you have:

Indiana

Detroit

Miami

I see those as the only definites.

Philly

Boston

Cleveland

Knicks

Bulls

Bucks

Magic

The 7 of those and us makes about 8 teams playing for 5 spots. We are no doubtedly in the easiest division in the NBA. 8 games against Washington/Charlotte.

I see Jon Barry as the starting shooting guard. If J-Chill can improve his 3point shooting then he might stand a chance to crack the lineup. If Barry isn't in the starting lineup the only 3point threat we would have is Antoine Walker so that's why I say Barry will start.

I agree with Blunt and JaHawk. Barry should come off the bench to give some experience to the second group and give the Hawks a little fire power off the bench. He will still get his minutes but may be better to facilitate Childress or Diaw with the first stringers because they won't need to score much with Al and Toine on the floor.