• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Since when did a knee sprain put you out...

CBAreject

...for the season?

Geez. I'm thinking this is a partial or complete ligament tear (ACL?), which I guess is technically classified as a severe sprain. As far as I know, they call class I's a 'sprain' in NBA jargon and anything more severa a tear. Is it possible that calling it a sprain instead of 'torn ACL, out for season' is better press for Crawford who will be looking to sign a contract next year? Maybe I'm thinking way too much here smirk.gif

Maybe traded, but then again what will we get for CC practically nothing, and we all must admit that CC has a very nice game when healthy, he plays decent defense, takes the ball to the hole with authority runs great on fast breaks and is a great finisher, and has a pretty accurate outside and 3 point shot. Remember guys as a starter he avg 19 ppg, that is no fluke in this league.

And if we waive him dont we still have to pay him?

I say we wait for the MRI, is still training camp and he is a valuable part to this bench team.

I may be wrong but a lot of teams clasify "knee" injuries as sprains until the MRI results come back. I would say that most people around him are talking like he is gone because in all likely hood it is a torn knee ligament.

I have had two ACL operations, once you have one you don't need an MRI, you can just tell if it is torn or not.

My guess is Crawford having had knee problems already knows the severity of the injury.