• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hey right on, first win! LETS HEAR IT

chillzatl

• Admin

WTF people, lets get some HELL YAHS in here! A very good win for our fledgling Hawks team. Way to go Hawks! Look at it this we, we won't be the last team to get a win.

I'm sure many of you didn't see what you wanted to see in the win. But we're a young team with inexperienced players. If kenny can play at that level or near it every night, we'll grow a LOT faster than if he fades out. But still, it's a growing team. We have to hate the bads and enjoy the goods when we get them!

....just like we always (don't) hear it after a win.

For me, I watched it TiVo-style because we saw the Incredibles earlier, but was treated to a nail biter complete with a dozen heartattacks.

---We still can't handle a zone. Different players, different skills, same result. How other teams are wide open while we stand around playing catch is always a source of ulcers.

---Woodson's message got through. We talked about how Woody thought his vets let him down against CLE and said he would make changes if things didn't improve. Message heard.

---The debut of the nickname "The Guilty Pleasure". I didn't see the Cavs game since I was there, but I definately heard Bob Neal bust out the name after Josh's sick dunk attempt in the second quarter.

It was a good game. Baron Davis turnovers really hurt

the Hornets. He made 7 alone and the Hawks were able

to take advange of the turnovers. I think Walker has

played pretty well so far.... I'm still not impressed

with Al Harrington. He plays like a rookie way too

often.... Never pumpfakes or anything. The difference

was the vets played like vets most of the time... Didnt

do so many stupid things out there.

Hawks played some very good fast break basketball in the 2nd quarter.

Both teams were sloppy in the 4th quarter, and it wasn't pretty to watch the Hawks lose a 12 point lead.

The vets got all the minutes, with Ivey and Smooth only getting 12 minutes total and Chill a DNP. With a back-to-back tonight, I'd expect plenty of minutes for the kiddies, if not, maybe we should call the coach "Lenny II."

The line between playing the players who give us the best chance to win and playing the rookies enough to get much needed experience. Playing the vets big minutes, particularly down the stretch, certainly gives the team the best chance to win right now. The primary reason we won last night was because we didn't make a lot of stupid turnovers down the stretch (as has been our custom over the last few years). We went cold shooting but we were able to hang on and make enough plays to win the game. On the otherhand, the kiddies will not learn how to execute in big games if they don't get put in the game in tough situations.

My take is that getting the win last night was FAR more important at this stage of the season than getting the rookies experience. It is a LONG season and they will get plenty of PT as the season goes along. In addition, there is no way thay Kenny and JB can play that many minutes every night. They both will be rubbing the Ben Gay on heavy tonight! We needed that win for a lot of reasons and I'm very glad Woodson stayed with the vets.

Walker is good, all the negatives i was hearing before the season were a bunch of bullshit, he is the best player on the team and one of the best all around players in the Eastern Conference, he has played well in every game but this was the first game the other guys stepped up more and shot the ball well, if Walker had some help this would be a playoff

I really wish I would have been able to watch this game. It was a nail-biter for me and I was just watching through ESPN Game Update.

I liked that we shot over 50% and Al did have a pretty decent game. DRob also was showing good stuff. Wish Ivey, JSmooth and JChill would have gotten some extra minutes but with KA and JB doing so well, I understand why they didn't. Also, Diaw didn't see much playing time either. Anyone know why?

I hope that someday Woodson will address Walker shooting outside. Walker needs to step inside and get more points down-low.

What'

s up with our poor shooting percentage so close to the basket?!

"Also, Diaw didn't see much playing time either. Anyone know why?"

- remember when DIAW fouled MAGLOIRE and magloire made the shot and had the opportunity for 1 FT shot? after that, DIAW wasnt the same. WOODSSON had some words w/ him and even A WALKER had a chat w/ DIAW.

what did they talk about? i have no idea! thats what i want to know!

Quote:

I really wish I would have been able to watch this game. It was a nail-biter for me and I was just watching through ESPN Game Update.

I liked that we shot over 50% and Al did have a pretty decent game. DRob also was showing good stuff. Wish Ivey, JSmooth and JChill would have gotten some extra minutes but with KA and JB doing so well, I understand why they didn't. Also, Diaw didn't see much playing time either. Anyone know why?

I hope that someday Woodson will address Walker shooting outside. Walker needs to step inside and get more points down-low.

What'

s up with our poor shooting percentage so close to the basket?!

If you forgot, his outside shooting(or rather a 3-pointer) was what helped us win the game in the end(free throw notwithstanding)...

This may be so, but it still hurts me every time I read on Game Update about a missed three by Walker. Sure, three's are hard to come by, but I still wish Walker would stick more to the inside and get his points there or draw defenders more to toss it out. Maybe one or two a game by him, but not five plus.