• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Got Milk Rookie Ratings: Childress at #5

chillzatl

when u consider the STATISTICS- theres not much difference between the top 5 rookies (other than DENGS inconsistant ppg numbers- sometimes he'll go for 20 and then go for 8). that being said, i hope JOSH CHILDRESS continues to develop and get comfortable out there. the schedule is finally starting to loosen up with lotta the eastern teams, so im hoping CHILDRESS continues to play well and bring some ROY talk in ATLANTA.

I have Deng on my fantasy league team so I have been following him very closely. The reason why his numbers fluctuate so much is because the coach is a moron. His minutes have gone down significantly since the first week of the season. The guy is their best scorer but yet this coach refuses to give him big minutes which I just cannot comprehend. I would be surprised if this coach is still there by the time the season finishes.

Looking at the list...the only rook on the list that you can even argue having more upside the Chill is D. Howard...And considering he offense will probably be slower to come the Chill's...I believe we have a good...no, great chance of bringing home ROY honors. Just what this franchise need(among other things)...I'm excited. I think Chill is going to be and all-star...he has the "it" factor...some have it and some don't...he does. He's going to struggle some because it is his rookie season...But, you can tell this kid is gonna be a stud soon..got star written all over him...with hair like that, you have to be a star!

Chilldress has a chance to be special. He has an amazing wingspan for a SG, plus quickness and explosiveness. But just as important, is his competitive fire and leadership qualities. We have not really seen that yet at the Pro level, but will expose itself with more confidence.

I liked Josh at the 6th spot before the darft, but BK still went against the the thinking of most GM's by taking him that high (Paxson/Clev would not have taken him at #10). Now it's apparent that he will possess an all-around game. Scottie Pippen: certainly within the realm of reason. Good start BK, you know what you are doing! Add Ivey to list of doing things right. Diaw was taken at #20 something, so you would not expect that pick to work out, but is still a disappointment because he has the ability (just born without the fire Josh has, can't change that).

Hawks now need to cut Walker loose, and focus on Bigs. With Walker as PF the Hawks are not going to put a competitive team on the court. I am amazed with what Jay Walker knows about basketball, that he is so infatuated with this guy. Walker simply needs to walk, with toughnes, rebounding, defense, and team concept added in his place.

chill is doing better than Okafor in all categories except blocking/rebounding, but chill is a SG and okafur a pf/c...

chill also has gotten to the line only 3 times less than okafor, even tho he's played over 150 less minutes this season! (and has higher ft% than okafor to boot)

so chill is as "nba-ready" as okafor

Quote:

Chilldress has a chance to be special. He has an amazing wingspan for a SG, plus quickness and explosiveness. But just as important, is his competitive fire and leadership qualities. We have not really seen that yet at the Pro level, but will expose itself with more confidence.

I liked Josh at the 6th spot before the darft, but BK still went against the the thinking of most GM's by taking him that high (Paxson/Clev would not have taken him at #10). Now it's apparent that he will possess an all-around game. Scottie Pippen: certainly within the realm of reason. Good start BK, you know what you are doing! Add Ivey to list of doing things right. Diaw was taken at #20 something, so you would not expect that pick to work out, but is still a disappointment because he has the ability (just born without the fire Josh has, can't change that).

Hawks now need to cut Walker loose, and focus on Bigs. With Walker as PF the Hawks are not going to put a competitive team on the court.
I am amazed with what Jay Walker knows about basketball, that he is so infatuated with this guy.
Walker simply needs to walk, with toughnes, rebounding, defense, and team concept added in his place.

Maybe he knows something that you don't...

He's been a Basketball Guru for how long now?

Quote:

Well, nobody keeps everyone more informed on the Hawks than Jay does, and I enjoy his insights. But, I know something too, BK is not going to keep Twan around....sorry to disappoint some.

If you talk to him again since you obviously live next door to him(lol), tell him that his draft picks(Ivey and Childress) have been great finds!! grin.gif

Anyway, BK is going to keep Twan around.....BK is NOT going to keep Twan around.....BK is going to NOT keep Twan around....Confusing, isn't it? tongue.gif

Bottom Line : BK will do what BK WANTS TO DO, period.