• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bk hard to understand....

Diesel

• Premium Member

I try to understand what just happened. I can't. UNLESS..

BK has another trade with Delk involved. A Diaw/Delk trade is possible and it would mean that we would get back A Sg or A C.

But BK is hard to understand.

I mean, what did we trade for Drobs? A first rounder?

We get rid of JT... But then we bring in Lue who is JT with less offense more defense. Not that Lue is set to start... But I keep hearing you guys say that he's our best PG? Really? If he is, we're in trouble. He plays defense with quickness but is easily pushed around by bigger PGs. His claim to fame is bothering Iverson in the finals and really, that was nothing but a Mugging. Had he not been a Laker, he would have fouled out in the first quarter of every game. In Orlando, Washington, and Houston, he has done nothing great.

I dunno. Maybe there's something to this. Maybe it's nothing but clearing space at the 2... AS IF Barry was hogging all the minutes.

So the question becomes, who needs Delk... Well, you know Antonio Daniels has tonsilitus. But that's not it.

Maybe NY has sold BK on the greatness of Penny Hardaway!??!?! I hope not.

it is obvious that we have a severe lack of talent at the pg

it was obvious that with delk diaw childress and smooth in front of barry he wouldnt be playing

we adress both problems at once. where's the issue?

If we don't like what we have in Lue, nothing's changed. The team is the same as the one we just had, with barry on the bench. If he does work out, we have improved one of our problems. How could this not work out?

Also Lue is much better than you make him seem. His offense has improved (except this year his minutes haven't been there). With LA his best average was 6 pts and 2 assists. Last year he was getting over 10 and 4.

He's no all star, but he's certainly an added asset to our team

• Premium Member

I would have pushed Denver to see if they would give me a 1st round pick for barry/Diaw.

If you think about it, Denver's first won't be lottery or midrounder.. However they will need a shooter to get through the playoffs.

yes but unlike you, Bk can't just dream up a trade that he deems fair and execute it. He actually has to get opposing GM's to agree to the trades.

I'm sure he shopped him around. BK is one of the most active GMs out there. Based on his good moves to date, I'm guessing this was the best out there

Quote:

I try to understand what just happened. I can't. UNLESS..

BK has another trade with Delk involved. A Diaw/Delk trade is possible and it would mean that we would get back A Sg or A C.

Do you have any information about which team it is and for whom?

It seems like the Hawks brass feel like trading everyone.

you are out of your mind if you think the kenny anderson we have seen this season is even close to tyronne lue. I mean it's not even remotely close. KA hs proven to be unable to do anything. Lue isn't too bad. You'll see. I would be very VERY surprised if by the end of January you still think kenny and lue are equals.

• Premium Member

I wouldn't be so quick with the Lue praise. Every team that has traded him is happy. There is a good point that if we don't like him we get rid of him...

However, with that in mind, trading Barry could have yeilded us better... Even a second rounder.

I don't like this trade, I mean we're not contending for the playoffs this year, we all know that. So why rush this trade? We could have waited 2 more months and havehis value go up because more teams may need his outside shooting. Why not get a bidding war going with Denver, Houston, and maybe another team? A 2nd rounder would be better than Lue because we could pick up a decent pg in the 2nd. There has been some good talent picked up in the 2nd in recent drafts that are much better than Lue. (Duhon, Boozer, R. Lewis, D. Mason, even Ivey, ect..)

• Premium Member

...that the Hawks' management did this for Jon Barry. It's a classy move IMO. Maybe, just maybe, it will score them some points with some players around the league...here's hoping, right?

But you gotta love trades like this, b/c it seems SO likely that another trade is coming. Ominous, isn't it? ooo.gif

Quote:

...that the Hawks' management did this for Jon Barry. It's a classy move IMO. Maybe, just maybe, it will score them some points with some players around the league...here's hoping, right?

But you gotta love trades like this, b/c it seems SO likely that another trade is coming. Ominous, isn't it?
ooo.gif

Do you end every comment with a ?

How annoying.

• Premium Member

Well, one thing I hate is doing something for the sake of doing something. I am not accusing us of that... I think if anybody, it's Houston doing that. They have no PGs... save Ward... Sura is not a true PG... They need a real Pf... I'm waiting for them to catch a deal with PTL... for Reef/NVE....

Then this will make some sense.

About us...

I don't know. I guess it depends on what we do. I agree it was a class move but at the same time, it was very bad to bench him (like that) in the first place. I don't think classy moves will get us grace with FAs. They only know 2 things, money and winning.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I think if anybody, it's Houston doing that. They have no PGs... save Ward... Sura is not a true PG... They need a real Pf...

Well, I guess they saw Lue as dead weight much like Atlanta did with Barry. But you have to wonder what they will do

when Sura gets injured again. Ward isn't the answer at PG.

I'm still not convinved that Houston will make the playoffs, and it might be better for them not to. They really need a 3rd good player on that team and the draft might be their best way of doing that.

If nothing else Lue will be our best on the ball defender..Guards penetrating straight to the basket have killed us..Diaw can't keep up with the quicker guards, Ivy is learning but his inexperience shows, and Kenny Anderson is the worst defender in basketball. We got Lue for a guy we weren't playing anyway..Lue is also a decent ballhandler, which can't be said for Diaw.

"They really need a 3rd good player on that team"

- i would love to see MCGRADY reunite with MIKE MILLER. Miller's fame went downhill since he left ORLANDO. He was McGrady's sidekick and good friend. i think hes talented enuf offensively to be that 3RD OPTION.

But dont they have JIM JACKSON? hes good enuf to be a 3rd option in this league... dont u think?