• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Walker is hurting the growth of our rookies!!!!

Wurider05

We have to move him. He and al just sit on the blocks and recieve passes from the other guys then they sit and watch the show. We never see any plays run for Chill or Smoove. They get all of their points off of putbacks and hustle plays. What the hell is Woodson trying to prove. We play pretty well when we have either Walker or Harrington the bench. We can't grow as a team if we have two post players who get 80% of the shots. If we are going to do that we might as well start Lue, CHill, Harrington, Smooth, and Walker. We don't have anything to loose.

• Premium Member

It's Walker AND Harrington together. It's both of these guys and it's Woody's system. Having both of these guys really changes how the team operates. That's what I've been trying to tell people since the start of the season.

I know BK sees it too. Even if Chill isn't going to start, he will be able to do a lot more (or at least try) with fewer people to defer to on the court.

• Premium Member

I think that this is a year of transition and that Walker and Al could be traded...

However, to say that they are hurting the growth of our rooks is a shortsided view.

Shortsided because you also have to take into effect what having 2 guys that will be responsible for scoring can do for the rookies.

I think that there's a wrong way and a right way to build a team.

Wrong way was seen back in 2000. JT was a Rookie. We had gotten rid of Mookie/Smitty. We replaced them with Rider/JJ. Then we brought in a Rookie to run the offense.

What was wrong about it, was that JT didn't have a great Basketball IQ. He was a Rook. His confidence got DESTROYED by Guards in this league.

Notably... I recall NVE & Mookie (GS) putting up 20/20 on JT. I think it had an effect. Because when JT would get in the game, he would defer the offense to Rider. Then people got mad with Wilkens when he decided to allow JT to learn from the bench rather than to undergo the abuse he was undergoing playing against NBA calibre PGs.

Now, the right way to have brought up JT was to have kept Smitty (a guard who knew the system and allow JT to learn on and off the court).

With these guys, I think Walker was a very good help early. A guy who can take some of the pressure off. As we go on, of course we're going to have to move either Walker or Al or both because Smoove and Chillz are ready...

I just don't think you can deny the good and the bad.

I totally agree Wretch. I think Walker will be traded before the deadline and you will see a big difference in Chillz and Smooth.

They play much better when one of these guys are on the bench giving a rookie a chance. And usually the rookie plays well, especially Chillz.

When you average 90PPG as a team and you have rookies

that aren't as productive as they should be someone

should take the blame. Everybody keeps talking about

Josh C not having the chance. It isn't like the team

has depth, so if he isn't getting the chance somebody

has to take the blame. Maybe it's Woodson, or maybe

J-Chill isn't getting it done in practice. Personally,

I don't like Al Harrington very much.... People complain

about Walker, but at times AL can be as much or more

than a blackhole. Now I see why Indy didn't start Al

Harrington. You can say because of the depth... But

if Indy truely wanted Al starting he would be starting

at the PF and O'Neal at the center now.

These threads are getting ridiculous. Every day someone is trying to trade a player.

Childress and Smith are learning right now. You can't throw rookies into a game and expect them to take the heat.

Having Walker and Al here takes the heat off of both of them.

Same reason Howard is doing to so well in Orlando. He has other's to shoulder the load.

They certainly are both getting their time on the court and Antoine is helping to lead them off of it.