• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WE GOT GLENN ROBINSON

TheDude

• Premium Member

I'm not happy about Big Dog's reputation or his lack of interest for Defense...

BUT I'm happy for Reef!!!!

Now, we have a full time threat at Sf. A guy who can hit the midrange Shot. This is Huge. The good Part is that we kept JT, Theo, and SAR!!!!

THEREFORE... No more trade of the days!!!

The Hawks are complete in MY opinion.

Having an OFFENSIVE THREAT w/o giving up RATLIFF, ABDUR-RAHIM, TERRY, or MOHAMMED...

This is WAY BETTER than MIKE MILLER for MOHAMMED trade since Robinson is a better scorer than Miller and we still have Mohammed.

"THEREFORE... No more trade of the days!!!

The Hawks are complete in MY opinion. "

YES, WE ARE COMPLETE! EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS HERE WE COME!

I cant believe we got Robinson for that defenseless wonder Kukoc. I told you guys George Karl is an idiot. I am a new BHD I not only think we are a playoff team. I think we are the next East Champs. All these years of suffering. Pete Babcock I apologize for calling you an idiot. WE HAVE A SQAUD NOW!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!

• Premium Member

He got a good deal.

Thomas is ready to take over at Sf.

Toni can play both Sf and Pf and C if they need him too.

He got Leon Smith who has a whole lot of potential.

He also got a first rounder to bring in somebody else.

But mainly, he got rid of Big Dog's attitude and Salary....

So Milwaukee fans ought to be happy.

InsideHoops.com Reaction: Toni Kukoc is old and washed up. Leon Smith is nuts. Milwaukee better make good use of that first round pick, or they essentially just gave Glenn Robinson away for nothing. Some day that Tim Thomas may be as good as Robinson, but when given playing time Thomas has always shown flashes but been very inconsistent. And for Atlanta, getting GRob, along with the return of a health Theo Ratliff, should mean competing nicely against Eastern conference teams and moving from the bottom to the middle of the pack - a solid improvement

I am sorry but I think this does more than put us ion the middkle of the pack. I believe this puts us at the very top of the pack.

• Premium Member

Big dog is untradable. His contract is the major problem. Unless he comes here and puts up 23 and has the most pleasant work habits he has ever displayed... It will be very difficult to trade him. Those 41 million.

But he's a healthier version of Toni. He has a scoring mentality. He likes Midrange shots. There are so many pluses that we can negate the minuses.

Just hope that he doesn't do like the last guy we got from Milwaukee.

Damn, I almost wrecked my car on I-285 when I heard the news on 790 (in fact, I called on my cellphone to the station to make sure I was hearing right). You mean to tell me we got Robinson for ONLY Kukoc, Leon Smith, and a pick?!! Big Dog's legal problems and questionable defense aside, this isn't just a slam dunk move but a 1987 'Nique-in-his-prime style slam dunk move. Kukoc has seen his better days and while Leon has the potential to be something, what value will that draft pick really have? To get another Cal Bowdler?! For the first time since you-know-who got traded, the Hawks have a small forward who can actually score. More importantly than that, it makes opponents think twice before double-teaming Shareef. With JT and Robinson running around the perimeter, SAR's production will go WAYYYYYY up. Think about it; SAR averaged 20 a game with the likes of Kukoc, Chris Crawford, and Ira Newble riding shotgun with him in the frontcourt. Imagine him without being doubled everytime he gets the ball; Shareef may average 24-26 a night. I think the team is pretty set now. Resign Newble, watch Dermarr continue to grow into his position and....DAMN! I guess they won't have to worry about that guarantee, injuries notwithstanding, of course.

Diesel, this is the first post you've made in months that has made sense LOL but I'm in total agreement with you here. I'm also absoloutely amazed that the Bucks bit on Kukoc, but oh well, suuuuuuuuuckeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrs. The Hawks are IMO also, complete and ready to compete for the east. There are other players that I'd prefer to Bigg Hogg, but his game is unquestionably high quality, even if his D and his rep off the court are a bit iffy. Considering it's Kukoc, Leon, and a pick; GREAT trade Pete! It makes us contenders NOW, but the irony in my mind is that I really do believe in years to come we will be bemoaning the loss of Leon, IF he can get his head and his life straight, best of luck to Leon. As for Toni, well, you guys won't have to hear anymore of my Croatian Frustration diatribes anymore at least wink.gif

• Admin

Is DJ and Theo enough to help us be a good defensive team?

Big Dog and JT are suspect defenders and SAR is decent. Will we be able to hold the other teams from outscoring us?

I do hope we resign Ira, he can backup Big Dog and come in and shut the opposing players big scorers in the second and third quarters.

Big Dog is different than JR...I think Big Dogs probably is guys

like George Karl and Sam Cassell.He is not a cancer inthe same

way JR is.Remember JR threatend to kill our players.Babcock

wouldn't have done this had he thought Big Dog was a cancer.