• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

HDTV- whats the big deal?

cyman3

• Admin

you just have to see it to understand. If possible, flipping back and forth between the non-HD version of the channel and the HD version. It's literally night and day, like going from VHS to DVD. Heck, it makes DVD look like VHS!

years ago I was looking at an HD set at a local store and I was unimpressed. It looked "ok" but not so much better than normal cable to justify the cost. Well...that was before I had it. It's been a little over two years now and I will never go back. Often times if I can't get the channel in HD, I just won't watch. Watching sports in HD is like going to a game for the first time. The level of detail is like nothing you've seen on TV.

• Admin

HDTV is the signal type, plasma is the type of TV.

About TV signals

Plasma is just a flat panel TV. The kind you see hanging on walls all over the place these days. Though all plasma tv's are capable of displaying HDTV signals. They aren't exclusive to it. You can get Tube, front and rear projection TV's that can decode the signal and offer a higher quality image over plasma.

Two different things that are designed to work together.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Admin

yes you ahve to have an HDTV to be able to see HD signals. When you change your box (cable or sat) to an HD channel, it forces the video out of the component outputs (one wire each for red, green and blue). non-HDTV's don't have this type of input on them and aren't capable of decoding the HD signal.