• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone Find it Funny...

Weez

That this boards has completely put in place a cease and desist order on talking about upcoming games, matchups, etc.

Mired in mediocrity and the depths below, even last year...people would talk about an upcoming game, the players, what we thought we'd see...and that this season, completely in the tank, is without, to say the least. We never expect the team to win, thus no talk on upcoming games...

interesting...

• Admin

I don't think that it is that nobody expects us to win. I think it's that people are finally realistic about where this team is and what they are tryign to do. No more delusions of grandeur, thinking that this mediocre player or that will make us into a winner overnight. People are finally waiting patiently for success and enjoying the small improvements in team and individual play.

If, in the past, people expected us to win, they were fooling themselves. The team we have now has more promise than any of the last 5 years and most people seem to accept that. Why waste time predicting a win against a bad team when we are as bad as the worst in the league? Right now this team is not about immediate results. The wins are great when we get them, but you can't expect them. It's just setting yourself up for disappointment while ignoring where this team is in its development.

• Moderators

I think its a great point though. We don't even comment on the game much as far as who is playing well and who isn't, why we lose, what's the coaching like. Its now everyone trying to be the GM when so far I haven't seen anyone suggest or predict a move that the team has actually made. Well except for maybe something like signing Kevin Willis.

I'm not trying to be critical but personally it gets boring reading trade proposals that will never happen...but losing gets boring too so I guess we'll just wait it out. Looking forward to the slam dunk competition anyway.

This is the first time we've had a FUTURE since 'Nique and Willis were young. Think about it! When was the last time we had a couple of young players whom we KNEW would be good and could be great down the road.

Who cares about winning 18 games instead of 17 when we can see a 50 win season in 3 years. This team is about the future. We just want to see the young bucks play hard and act like they care on defense. That will be the key to being a great team down the road.