• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Walker deal close?????????????

MoonKnight

I just heard on 790thezone's lunch show that Walker to Philly is getting closer. I have no idea who or what their source is but allegedly Big Hog and Dalembert could be here soon. I have no problem with the trade itself but I doubt we get a 1st rounder our of Philly unless we sweeten the pot. I really want us to have two 1st rounders this draft.

if we get dalembert, that'd be great!

i'd still wanna move harrington for a 2nd 1st rounder so we can get a pg with it and get bogut with ours

sign johnson and jacobsen this offseason

felton/ivey/diaw

johnson/jacobsen/diaw

chill/danta/diaw

smoove/bogut

dalembert/bogut/drobs

one more space there is for our 2nd rounder...

I heard it too but I wouldn't read too much into it. They usually don't know as much as us about rumored deals. I'm guessing that they have less info than us, they just wanted to mention that big dog could be coming back here.

Basically they said Philly really wants Walker, but we insist on getting Dalembert, but they won't give him up.

They just had Nique on talking about the dunk contest though, that was sweet

ugh@lottery protected...if we trade for a 1st, i want it to be THIS YEAR, so we can get a pg with it after we get bogut with ours...

btw, does anyone else find it sad that the most value that walker, a 26yr old 20/10/4, can get is a 1st rounder? and we are PRAYING for that much?

seems like a 20/10/4 pf should be worth more than a 20th pick that'll likely never do anywhere near 20/10/4...

Walker is a good player but we gain nothing from keeping him the rest of this season. If we really like him we'll practically be just as able to resign him this offseason as we would have if we had kept him. Plus we'd have whatever we got in the trade.

What I hope is happening is BK is trying for Dalembert but he really want the draft pick and other picks more. Soon he'll come off asking for Dalembert and take this year's Philly first, some other pick and Big Dog. Philly will do it to make a playoff run, I hope!

They have traded away some other firsts. They owe the 2005 one to Toronto via the Nets via Denver. They originally traded it to Denver in the Posey deal.

That pick is due this year if it's not top 8. We aren't getting this year's pick.

Also, Philly has already traded its 2007 pick to us for Big Dog, which we sent to Dallas for Antoine Walker.

BY THE WAY, do you really think we're about to trade AW for a first rounder that's worse that the one we traded for him....does that change your thinking a bit???

To sum up, they have traded 2005 and 2007, so they can't trade 2006 or 2008 to us. We won't be getting any picks from them until 2009.

• Moderators

I'd like to keep Walker but the reason he's not bringing in as much as we expect because he may be gone at the end of the year anyway with nothing to show for it.

I'd really like to get Korver in some kind of deal. Having that outside threat would be huge for our team. AI wants to win now and Walker would be big for them. But if it goes down I think BK will get something significant out of it. Walker is one of his guys. He only gives away players he doesn't like.

Quote:

BY THE WAY, do you really think we're about to trade AW for a first rounder that's worse that the one we traded for him....does that change your thinking a bit???

u have ur facts wrong

the philly pick that we traded to Dallas is 99% likely to become cash and never get used as a pick due to its structure...

The only way we get nothing out of Walker is if he signs for the MLE for a given team, or a team with spare capspace signs him outright at the end of the season. Either scenario is unlikely. At the very least we will sign him and trade him for a salary match.

It appears that Walker will be traded before the deadline, but we'll see.

we'd have the same chances as we do now of a big man

that is, draft bogut laugh.gif

or go after kwame/chandler/curry/swift/dalembert

johnson is more of a sure thing and gives us the outside shooting we NEED to contend in a few years

dalembert could be the next dampier/foyle...

i'd rather get bogut than dalembert

but if we can trade walker or harrington for either picks, dalembert, nene, johnson, chandler, curry, or kwame...i'd be happy

I, too, would rather have Johnson. Sure, we don't *need* him as much as we need a center, but he would be an all-star for us. Dalembert is questionable. Johnson is proven. He can shoot and pass better than anyone we have. He would score 22 ppg in that lineup.

I remember asking Pete if he thought about drafting Joe Johnson to play point forward (this was when we thought we would get the 5th pick, but before we knew we would move up to #3). He said, 'Well, he's a good player, but he's not good enough to draft top 5.' Well, Pete's a genius. I guess he was right. Good think we traded our pick that year for Reef. BTW, imagine how good Boston would be if they had not broken up the nucleus of Pierce, Walker, Johnson. That's a heckuva 2-3-4.

Still, I would happily take Dalembert, as I believe he can be a solid center.