• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Walker deal close?????????????

MoonKnight

Quote:

Question, say we get Robinson and Dalembert, does that mean we would have Ekezie, Collier, Willis, and Dalembert on our roster the rest of the year?

I see what your getting at and the answer to your question is maybe. We could give Willis or Ekezie their walking papers relatively easy and it wouldn't cost us very much. Collier is signed thru next year, so we'd have to buy him out if we wanted to cut him.

If we don't cut anyone, Willis will probably be placed on IR with Crawford & Dog. You never know though, Robinson is not hurt; he's a non defense playing team cancer, but he could be activated if we had to.

Why's everyone getting excited? How has the rumor changed or gotten more serious since we heard it 3 months ago? Unless i'm missing something, the rumor was just repeated on 790 the zone. Was there an nba insider on talking about this, or was it just something one of the hosts or sportsflash guys threw out?

This person has been right before anyway I was told Walker wants to stay here but he wants an extention. (No money has been discussed) so if the Hawks plan on keeping him he welcomes that and if they don't want to sign him he wants to be traded with a chance at an extention with another team.

The Hawk's are listening to deals but don't know what they want to do yet.

I don't think Philly will give up Dalembert

I think that is wishful thinking on some people's part but if I am wrong I still don't think he signs here after next year. It will be pretty easy for him to let the Hawk's know he doesn't want to stay here and force a trade.

The Philly owner doesn't want to give up

it's becnh warmers for a trade I don't see them giving up Samual.

I guess we will see

Quote:

I just heard on 790thezone's lunch show that Walker to Philly is getting closer. I have no idea who or what their source is but allegedly Big Hog and Dalembert could be here soon. I have no problem with the trade itself but I doubt we get a 1st rounder our of Philly unless we sweeten the pot. I really want us to have two 1st rounders this draft.

Quote:

I don't think Philly will give up Dalembert

I think that is wishful thinking on some people's part but if I am wrong I still don't think he signs here after next year. It will be pretty easy for him to let the Hawk's know he doesn't want to stay here and force a trade.

The Philly owner doesn't want to give up

it's becnh warmers for a trade I don't see them giving up Samual.

I guess we will see

Dalembert will be a restricted free agent, so if the Hawks did trade for Dalembert they will have the right to match any offer for him. So he would really have to piss and moan or get a ridiculous offer from another club to not be a Hawk next season.

I am still not completely sold on him but he would be a huge upgrade over what the Hawks currently have.

If Big Dog is included in the deal for salary cap purposes then I imagine he will be cut outright and the team would just eat his salary. No way he puts on a Hawks uniform again.

Quote:

Quote:

I doubt any team will sign Walker to an extension. That would be about $18 million a year.

No money was discussed. It is about a new deal not one that currently ups the anti.

It is all in the Hawks hands.

but Tip, when you mentioned that he wants an extension, that means an extension of his current deal. You can't have an extension on a new deal 'cause...well...it's a NEW DEAL. smile.gif