• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Eddie Curry is on the market

GoDawgs21

Anybody read the first article on RealGM.com right now. It seems Curry is most likely on his way out of ChiTown. I like Bogut, but what if we moved Curry to PF his more naturally position being 6'10 and sign a shooter like Johnson. We would have the beef we need and the outside shooting. If Bogut does come along slowly we could move Curry back to C and bring Bogut in off the bench. So maybe a walker/harrington/delk/2nd rd pick (we have 3) for curry/davis/1st rd pick. Bulls move Curry and Davis contract and pick up two huge pieces for their playoff run this year and with most of the top picks this year being guards Bulls are loaded there with young players (hinrich,gordon,deng,duhon)

c- bogut/ekezie/collier

pf- curry/Drob/ekezie

Sf- smoove/d. smith/diaw

sg- chillz/smoove/diaw/2nd rd pick (hopefully selene stoudamire)

pg- Diaw/bulls pick(maybe Felton if he drops a bit,jack,giddens)/Ivey

Maybe sign a couple of FA's but I like this lineup, big and defense, which should make BK and Woodson very happy. Two bigs in there clogging up the middle and Smoove with back side help for blocks. Need a shooter like Joe Johnson or Selen Stoudamire somebody, but I like this lineup

If Eddie Curry really is on the market, I wonder if the Hawks wouldn't have a hard time putting together an attractive package to get him. I guess taking on Davis' contract would be the one thing we could offer, but I expect the Bulls would want a pick as well. Why are the Bulls trying to move Curry?

The trade you suggest couldn't happen under the cba. Chicago is over the cap; we'd be off-loading too much salary and not taking enough back.

We could do it if we did a Diaw/Walker for Curry/Davis. I seem to re-call reading something last year about Chicago inquiring about Diaw. I just don't think that's going to be enough for Chi-Town. Davis' contract sucks. It will really hurt having it on the books next year. I would take it on for a year to get Curry though.

Something else to consider is that Chicago owns Curry's rights next year. They may not give a crap what he says. They have the right to match any deal he gets in the off-season.

• Premium Member

Chicago is playoff bound and Curry is playing very well. Chandler is not a C. I think for a deal to go for Curry, they would want us to take back Davis AND to give up a pick...

What I can see is:

Walker/Collier/1st(2006 unprotected) for Curry/Davis.

2006 1st because it sets them up to get Ogden.

The thing is that Curry's agent would be given a lot of power in this scenerio. He'd probably be given enough power to pick and choose our coaches too?

As much as I'd love to be rid of Collier, I wouldn't give them an unprotected pick. The chances of us stinking it up again next year are pretty good. No way Curry is worth AW & a top 5 pick, especially if we have to eat Davis' contract too. I'd just wait. If Curry is serious, he'll most likely play one more year with the Bulls and get released and become a ufa. Either that or the Bulls will do a SNT deal after this season is over and try to maximize the return for him.

E8, you know what I would really like to do. I would like to trade Walker before the deadline to get a draft pick or young talent for him. Then I'd like to re-sign him as a free agent in the off-season. I just don't know if Toine would interpret us trading him as being unloyal and refuse to re-up with us because he felt betrayed. I think wherever he decides to play next year is where he'll want to end his career. You would know better than I, but I think he's about sick of changing teams and having the uncertainty of where he calls home from one year to the next.

Eddie Curry to me is like a modern version of Darryl Dawkins. All flash no substance. Poor rebounder for someone that size. Not a shot blocker. At least Dawkins could block shots. Curry's only virtue is offense.

I'd rather go for someone who has more of a total package.

i wouldn't wanna give up stuff for curry...

after all, until his contract year, he stayed fat and lazy...who's to say he won't pull a dampier or foyle?

and especially now that he wants to demand a new coach...we don't need players that are going to do that...

i'd rather take bogut with our 1st pick and trade walker and/or harrington for more firsts...

or i'd sign curry outright this summer...but i'm not giving up a future first or any of our young talent to get an oft-lazy player who wants to make trade/coach demands just as his team is clicking and pushing for the playoffs...

• Premium Member

Like I said, Curry wouldn't be cheap.

Also, Walker's value isn't so high because he has to be resigned...

BTW, if we made a trade for Curry like that, we wouldn't have the money to resign Toine... Not with Davis.

So for Chicago, the deal really becomes Curry for our 2006 first.

For me, that's too steep given that we might be sorry jokers next year without a goto guy...

Moreover, I don't trust Curry's ability.

I think we probably just need to stick with the plan...

screw Curry...i wanted him even with the lazy monikier before this....but after hearing of this- if he really doesn't want to play for Skiles even though Skiles has turned this team around, tells me he doesn't want to work ala Dampier..i say no go..

if he doesn't like Skiles, he'll hate Woodson and his defensive style..