• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Big dog === chemistry killer????????

MoonKnight

While I am surprised like the rest of you that we obtained Robinson for so little, what are the risks? Robinson plays no D and wilts in crunch time. Does his K hinder our ability to resign JT? These are just some of the questions that come to mind after the trade. I believe this may also kill the Ira resign talk. I hope he comes to play with a positive attitude to continue the hard work exhibited during the latter part of last season. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt untill the end of the season but what do the Bucks know that we don't? Thoughts?

If he thought Big Dog was gunna be a problem.Babs has

been really careful since JR and I don't believe he would

have done this if he thought Big DOg was gunna be bad

for us.

Thsi move makes the following statements...

1)Babcock's intention this time is to get to the NBA finals.He

could have stayed pat and us maybe make the playoffs,but

going after more talent shows he wants to really go some

where this time.

2)he tells Ira he isn't collecting a paycheck from us

3)it gives us a real SF since 1994.

4)We are twice as talent as we were in the mid 90's

in my opinion.

We are ready to compete.I wonder how long this trade

has been in talks.

His legal status notwithstanding. And as far as age, he's 29 and in the prime of his career not 36 and past his prime, ala Glen Rice. Before this trade, this entire board was pondering on who can be brought in to start at the small forward spot. We heard names like Donyell Marshall, James Posey, Matt Harpring, even Grant Hill. I think we got the best of the ones that are actually available. This team's major weakness has been the small forward position ever since #21 got traded. Think about it. We've had utter GARBAGE at the spot for most of the past eight years. From Danny Manning to Ken Norman to Stacey Augmon to Ty Corbin to Willie Burton to Henry James back to Corbin to Chris Crawford to Kukoc to Ira Newble to end last year. Could any of them even make guys even remotely think of defending them in order for their team to have a chance to win? I'll answer that for you; HELL NO. It's no small wonder that guys like Scottie Pippen and Grant Hill would lick their chops when they saw us coming up on their schedule, even when Deke was still here. Before this trade, we wondered about sneaking into the playoffs with 40 wins and an 8 seed. Now I'll be shocked if we don't get at least 46 wins and a 6 seed instead.

• Premium Member

Not saying that we have lost interest in Ira... BUT now... Why do we need Ira and his contract demands. GRob will play most of the 48 minutes at Sf. CC is a capable BU who Jordan said "Played good defense".

Ira held out for Big money.... and we got the BIG DOG.

Now, the negotiation parts are over. If he wants to be a Hawk, he should sign a 2 yr 3 million dollar deal. If Not, go elsewhere. I think getting a big man or 2 is more important anyway. Somebody call Kevin Willis.

I would like to see Ira back in the ATL but not at the expense of over paying him. There are guys out there who can be a defensive player for us without the big contract. Hey I was just thinking that since we got the Big Dog we can affored to take a chance on a player like Lee Benson. Benson displayed a great defensive prowess while playing on the Juco level(if I remember correctly he had like 3bpg). I know it was just Juco level competition, but who knows on a team like ours he could come in and contribute for us,even if it is nothing but defense.A guy like him would be glad to get the rookie minimum of 300,000 a year.

Ira, must know that his demand power has decreased and he might be willing to take less money now. I would like to see him here as well, but with Bigdogs salary he can't get what he is asking. Let him shop if he wants that kind of money, my bet is he won't get it. We will see him again!