• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Randy Moss to the Raiders

CBAreject

But giving up the 7th pick is a huge loss. With it, if they really wanted a wide receiver, they could have drafted Braylon Edwards out of Michigan or Mike Williams out of USC, but now Mike Tice can use it on his defense. I think the Vikings still have some really good receivers in Nate Burleson, Kelly Campbell and Marcus Robinson, which leads me that this trade works out beautifully for them, and who knows, maybe for Kerry Collins and Oakland too.

There are several teams ahead of the Vikings that will be looking for a WR and there are only 2 stars (most likely will be stars) in this draft that can do it all. Both are big, fast, athletic, and have put up huge numbers. Braylon Edwards is a Randy Moss type without the headaches and Mike Williams may even be better than him.

The Dolphins are looking to move down in the draft and I could definitely see them giving up the #2 pick for the Vikings pair of 1sts. That would allow you guys to get the WR of your choice (both of whom would instantly become your #1 WR next season).

This could turn out well for the Vikings as the could get a potential superstar WR, plus a very good LB and a later round pick with just giving up a mid first and the headache. I will tell ya though that if they dont move up, there isnt much chance that both Williams and Edwards will be there, because if Miami stays put, they might take one of those guys theirsleves.

Look at it this way.

The Viks shouldn't of even had Randy Moss in the first place, and he slipped in the draft. People were scared to take him, but the Viks took the risk, because they already have Chris Carter, and Carter could put Randy under his wing.

The Viks have aquired alot in return, and more than Randy was slected for. I understand he is a superstar, but the facts are the Viks locker room doesn't like him.

Quote:

the worst part is that they only save $2 million on the cap due to Moss's guaranteed money. That stinks for them. Oakland only has to pay him 7.25 million.

The Viking are willing to eat that $5 million, because they are approx $30 million under the cap. This deal is a win/win for the Vikings. 2 first round picks and cap space?!?! They have so many options it is unreal.

On the flipside, what in the hell are the Raiders thinking? The Raiders need much more than Randy Moss before they compete for a championship. When the team is 5-9 (staring at a 5-11 season), I can only imagine what kind of hell is going to break loose in that locker room.

Well this gives them a great WR duo. Porter isn't a true #1, but now he is gonna be lining up against a teams #2 corner, which will make them very dangerous.

Also, there might still be a chance that they trade for Ricky Williams with a low draft choice and he would complete their offense.

Quote:

Well this gives them a great WR duo. Porter isn't a true #1, but now he is gonna be lining up against a teams #2 corner, which will make them very dangerous.

Yeah, and they still do not have a dependable running back. Plus, their defense is still old. Oakland had the 30th ranked defense, and the 32 ranked rushing attack. Sorry, but Randy Moss will not fix those problems.

Quote:

Also, there might still be a chance that they trade for Ricky Williams with a low draft choice and he would complete their offense.

Which is a bigger risk than trading for Randy Moss. And again you are talking about trading draft picks, which when used correctly can be very beneficial, especially for a team like the Raiders. Ricky Williams is not dependable, and the Raiders would be foolish to trade for him.

Trading a low round pick like a 5th or 6th (conditionally based on performance) is not a huge risk when you consider the talent that he has. I wouldnt trade for that piece of trash, but there is supposedly mutual interest between the 2 parties and Davis is notorious for making stupid deals, so we shall see what happens.

Quote:

Trading a low round pick like a 5th or 6th (conditionally based on performance) is not a huge risk when you consider the talent that he has. I wouldnt trade for that piece of trash, but there is supposedly mutual interest between the 2 parties and Davis is notorious for making stupid deals, so we shall see what happens.

I disagree with you on the risk factor, because depth can be added with 5th or 6th round picks, IF (and that's a big IF) a team is smart.

I agree with you regarding Al Davis. I was born and lived in the Bay Area for 15 years. I was a huge Raider fan, until they decided to move to LA despite the support they received from the fans in the Bay Area. It just so happens that a year or two after they moved to LA, I moved to Atlanta and have been a Falcon fan every since.

Davis is a greedy piece of you-know-what, who still thinks that he can remain competitive by signing old retreads and has beens, along with a malcontent or two. I wouldn't be surprised if he traded for Ricky Williams. And I also wouldn't be surprised if Ricky Williams played a season or two with the Raiders, but I guarantee that he complains about his contract or playing time.