• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Where will GP end up?

Diesel

Boston and I'll tell you why.

Think about this, we got Googs, Yogi & GP for Walker. Two out of the 3 aren't worth what they make. GP is worth his contract. If I am BK and I'm going to get GP, I'm calling Minnesota, Washington, Miami, Phoenix, Cleveland or anyone else that can use help at the point guard spot and making this a 3 way deal so we can pick up another expiring contract & draft pick or young talent. We are under the cap so we didn't have to take back equal salary for Walker, we were free to do whatever we wanted. For some reason, nothing like this was done. Why wasn't it? My guess is that BK & Ainge had a verbal deal worked out that stated if they trade GP to us, we would release him. Of course this can never be proven because it would be against league rules, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

• Premium Member

That's a very good hypothesis. I myself thought that if we dealt with Boston and got GP that he would be on his way to another team in a three way. If GP signs with somebody other than Boston, it would seem like we got screwed in the deal.

I think that a three way to Phoenix that would have yielded...Barbosa would have been nice, but Phoenix doesn't have the filler.

The media may act as if alot of contending teams have interesting for Gary Paytons services, but I don't agree.

I don't think half of the teams on your list are really interested.

I don't think he will have many options from contenders, and he will be forced to resign with Boston. I'm not saying no other contender wont go after him, but Boston might just be his best option.

• Premium Member

I believe that Minnesota might have a real interest in Payton. If you think about it... Not having Cassell last season really hurt them. Right now, they are hurting from a lack of unity. I think Payton could be their answer for the shortterm.

I doubt that Phoenix comes up with the Money.

But Spiral makes a very good point about Boston.

If he goes anywhere else other than Boston, it makes us look bad.

Quote:

I think that a three way to Phoenix that would have yielded...Barbosa would have been nice, but Phoenix doesn't have the filler.

I would bet that Seattle would've traded Potapenko and their #1 for him.

GP for Kwame also makes sense.