• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Cubs are the worst

chillzatl

• Admin

Two seasons ago I predicted that the Cubs and Dusty Baker would ruin Mark Prior and unfortunately they seem to be proving me right. Baker and Co insisted on pitching this kid 120+ pitches, start after start, until he finally broke down.

Being right isn't always fun...

Prior, just like Wood, has had arm troubles since coming into the big leagues. Granted they may have rushed him back too quickly, who knows...but if you had pitched a Clemens or Johnson or Maddux or Glavine like that they would have been fine because their bodies are strong, unlike Woods and Prior who seem to have weak arms. Damn shame about them too cause I think they would have been a great duo.

• Admin

He is as to blame as anyone could be. He is not entirely to blame. The Cubs organization has overpitched Wood since he first came up. But Baker is calling the shots now. He's the one that continues to burn out two of the best arms of the last few years.

And that's the thing. Clemens and Johnson could handle that workload. These guys have had arm problems and he continues to push them like that.

safety. Old school pitchers used to throw on 2-3 days rest and throw upwards of 120+ pitches per game. This was years ago though, going back to the 60's and before. It just wears your arm out fast."

I mean, I've looked up SOME history... But baseball

isn't my number one thing. I figure they pitched more

innings per game and possibly less years.