• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Time for D.Smith to start over J.Smith.

Kaviar1

The Hawks org. is making a mistake by just handing over a starting position to J.Smith, because of fan appeal or whatever, when he does not deserve to keep a starting role.

He earned a spot earlier, and rightfuly so, because of his hustle. Now, he has not shown that lately, nor the skill set to even play in the NBA. The Hawks cannot reinforce these things in a young player like Josh, or they will ruin him!

In the mean time, Donta is busting his butt and showing what I see as special potential, on both ends of the court.

I think he may have as much potential as any of the Hawks rookies, which is saying something considering how impressed I have always been with Childress. The other Josh and Smith, however, does not need to crack the starting lineup again until he has earned it!

Right when he comes off a game where he makes few mistakes, shoots well from the perimeter and dishes out some very good passes let's bench him so we can let some guy who had two good games take his spot. I'm not hating on Donta, but Smoove is the future and we don't need what happened to Wagner happen to Smoove. Look all Donta cares about is minutes. Why do you think no one was mad at Collier for starting. Smoove really is trying, but he is obviously tired. This doesn't mean kill him emotionally, it means decrase his minutes. When Donta wins us a game as Smoove did against Philly he can start. Oh yeah while he's at it he can block 10 shots(5 have to be Nowitzkis) and block one Shaq shot. Smoove has worked hard this season and it doesn't matter if we win or lose. For someone to contribute when most said he wouldn't be ready for 2-3 yrs is an accomplishment in itslef. If Donta wants more minutes he needds to take them from Ekezie, because everyone else has earned their spot night in and night out.

I think this post is so typical. We need to lift thesed guys up. Understand the most games J. Smith has played before in one season is about 35!!! The young man has hit the rookie wall. It happens to most rookies not named Lebron. J. Smith will be fine with more seasoning. Unfortunaley, he's the only inside shotblocking presence we have right now!! Stop beating guys down in here especially the rookies and especially J. Smoove. He'll be fine. D. Smith has shown that he's got the goods and with more seasoning he'll be a consistent contributor and maybe even a starter in this league??? That's all for now. Be a TRUHAWKFAN BABY!

You miss the point. No one here is ready to cash their chips in on Josh, but for his own development he needs to be earning his playing time now instead of having it given to him. He has so much he has to work on, and if he already starts, why bother. I have seen this very thing diminish the games and careers of too many young players coming in to the NBA.

How am I knocking him down?? My point is that Donata has as much or more chance of being a good player than Josh does. I guess youre knocking down donta as much as Im knocking down Josh. By the way the shot blocking is great but lately its been cancelled out by his inability to defend whoevever hes gaurding. Unfortunately theres noone there to block the shot when his man beats him.

• 1 year later...
  • Premium Member

Quote:

No doubt donta is the better smith right now. Especially when hes knockin down threes like last nite. I really hope Josh smith has a nice game soon, i think his confidence needs it.

I usually don't respond to peons with no respect... But I have respect for the work of Henry Dakin.. so I wanted to know what his name sake was on Hawksqauwk saying. Intereting..

Donta over Josh...

Quote:

In the mean time, Donta is busting his butt and showing what I see as special potential, on both ends of the court.

Wtf? He has? Everytime I think things can't get more asinine around here, they do.