• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kwame gets 4 minutes..

tmac13

Sure. I think any of us would take a flyer on him for 4 million per year. He would at least have trade value. Even if he can put up 10 and 8, he's a decent enough big man.

I remember when Kwame was in the draft and so many people in ATL wanted him. They wanted Kwame like they wanted Dwight Howard. He looked all-world.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Sure. I think any of us would take a flyer on him for 4 million per year. He would at least have trade value. Even if he can put up 10 and 8, he's a decent enough big man.

Don't waste your money! Sign proven players in fee agency! Draft on potential!

I don't see the Wizards giving the qualifying offer it will take to retain the right to match any offer. This is a separation that needs to be made. It will be better for both parties if Kwame goes elsewhere.

I also don't see teams paying for potential when it comes to Kwame. He's going to get a short term contract from someone who wants to see if the change of scenery will help him. I think he will be very cheap, mainly because he just isn't going to have a lot of options.

I woiuldn't. 4 Million's the MLE...and I doin't think he's earned near that, nor do I think we could turn around and unload him for an equivicable amount (given that if we were trading him, it most likely means that he's continued to be a bust, thereby having all the trade value of Chris Crawford).

You can just look at Kwame and see that he has all the physical tools to be a big time player. If he would have went to college for four years and entered the draft this year, he would without question be the No. 1 pick. I think several teams will try to sign him and I hope the Hawks get him. He needs a new start and a coach like Woodson to teach him. Some players mature quicker than others and Kwame could mature in the next couple of years and be an all-star.

Kwame's due for a change of scenery. He gets more minutes on the road then he gets at home. That's probably why he said he'd rather start the series on the road. I don't blame the coach though, I wouldn't put a player in the game during the playoffs who gets booed. That would kill the momentum of the team. I wouldn't mind getting the Kwame but like everyone else, don't want to spend alot of money on him. It would be smart for the wizards not to match any offer of Kwame, especially since the fans don't like him and it doesn't seem like Kwame likes being in Washington either.

By the way, does anybody know whether or not we have to offer the most money to sign Kwame. Does he have the option of signing to any offer sheet he wants, even if it's for less money or does the highest bidder win.

• Premium Member

Quote:

By the way, does anybody know whether or not we have to offer the most money to sign Kwame. Does he have the option of signing to any offer sheet he wants, even if it's for less money or does the highest bidder win.

You guys are ridiculous. Kwame Brown cannot play basketball at his level. Therefore BK will not make him an offer!

Quote:

Kwame Brown cannot play basketball at his level.

If he couldn't play at this level he wouldn't be playing at this level or be a former #1 draft pick for that matter.

I'm not psychic so I can't say whether BK will send an offer sheet for Kwame or not, but 7 footers aren't growing on trees.

Anyway, my point was to find out if we can offer Kwame less than another team and still have him sign wit the Hawks. I would truly rather not pay him alot of money, but I have seen flashes of exceptional talent in him, so if we can get him cheap, I'm all for it.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Kwame Brown cannot play basketball at his level.

If he couldn't play at this level he wouldn't be playing at this level or be a former #1 draft pick for that matter.

Are you retarded? He isn't getting regular minutes at this level! He played 4 minutes in their last game. And Washington doesn't have too many good big men if any last time I checked!

Check NBA.com. Kwame got 21.6 mpg this season in a back-up role. His minutes aren't consistant because he doesn't play consistant. He had 13 points in the first half the other night. When he brings it he scores 13 in a half, when he doesn't, he gets 4 minutes in a game.

By the way, Washington has Brendan Haywood and Antawn Jamison. Not great big men, but better than the ones we have here and good enough to do their jobs in a guard happy offense.

Don't get it twisted, I'm not saying that Kwame is great or am pro Kwame over anybody, but the risk reward factor is worth it IMO if we can get him for cheap. And yes he can play in the NBA.

• Moderators

Kwame walked away from the team and appears to be done as a Wizard. He is not going to be a high-priced free agent, but you have to wonder about someone who isn't giving their all to their team during the playoffs.