• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Im getting sick of the comments on DICKAU!

cyman3

I could deal with all the hype surrounding the Glenn Robinson trade/Mutombo trade, but the debate on HAWKS DAN DICKAU COMMENTS need to stop.

IMO, theres 3 types of people in this messageboard.

1)those who are in LOVE with Dickau, thinks he can take this team under his rookie year to the championship game. These people see him as the future John Stockton.

2)those who absolutely HATE Dickau, simply because he hasnt done a thing in the NBA. These people see him as a Jacque Vaughn for a long time, nothing more.

3)those who have no love nor hate for Dickau and rather see the man play some damn games before commenting at this level of basketball.

I wont mention names, but i see a couple people on this board under the 1 and 2 category. Lets give it some time before we judge a person.

Im proud to say i fall in the 3rd category. Im excited that we have a backup PG who we hear good news from. Yet im not going to trade Terry just to see what this guys really about.

my 2 cents

Thank God, there is another sensible person on this board. I have been a member on this board for over two years and when I first got here the board was great. Now I find that you find less information and more bitching like little school girls. I wish people would grow up and make well rounded decisions before they make comments. Take in all considerations that is what makes this board what it is. But, knowing the people we have on this board I will probably get called a jackass or something. Believe it won't be a shock, I've come to expect this from some of the people on this board and that is why I hardly post anymore. Take it for what it is worth. I'm sure you will.

P

Guest Walter

In the context of this trade, likely in the works for some time before the draft, the drafting of Dickau seems a solid if not better draft no matter how you analyze it.

W

I)I'd say I fall under number 2.I just don't like the Kid,but

worse he is UNPROVEN near second round draft pick.It's

silly to consider trading JT for that.ESP for some like Rip

Hamilton who looks like a Chicago streets drug addict.

• Admin

It's made worse by the fact that we've had a losing team for a few years now. There's not a whole lot of positives to rally behind when you cheer for a losing team. I've been on these hawks boards for about 5-6 years now (accessatlanta, hawksquawk, etc) and it's always been like this. Especially in the off-season. It's like this on any sports forum for any team though. The only reason some Hawks forum members seem more "civil" than Hawksquawk is because they only have a small number of people actually posting. When you have a lot of people sharing their opinions about something you are naturally going to have lots of disagreement and lots of debate. A lot of it will settle down once the season starts and even moreso if we have a winning team. You shouldn't let that hamper your posting though. This is how it's always been and how it is everywhere. It's a sign that we have some real fans who are passionate about their team. There are lots of teams out there, some of them winning teams, that can't say that.

I just see nothing in the dude that looks like a the star

people are claiming.He looks VERY slow footed on defense

and looks like he can be screened off very easy.I'm sick

and tired of the hype of what such a great player he is.I

hate hype anyway.

Phoostal I really encourage you to post one reason we have arguments is because we are all such hardcore fans and are somewhat intransigent in our opinions. I think since the Big Dog trade evey one is a lot more positive. Me and HotlantaDude used to bicker all the time but now we pretty much agree on everything. Unfortunately I couldn't find common ground with some other posters but I avoid arguments with them once I saw no common ground would ever be reached.

Chillzat you seem to be the voice of reason on this site, all your post are excellent I would love to see more post from you.

PS I asked before: Speaking of the old AA board did that guy who used to call us southern hicks ever join the hawksqauwk board he was an idiot I remember he used to defend Lon with his every breath and then dog the team as being a bunch of dime a dozen players.

One thing on the Dickau debate, I think we could stop, is where the guy was drafted from. Where you get taken in the draft is only the amount of expectations you can bring to a team at this particular time. Most guys that get drafted late in the first round rarely, ever have any significant impact. So the odds are against Dickau in that sense. Although there are few and far in between, there is always suprises late in the draft. Lots of teams passed on Nick Van Exel, and I doubt there is a team out there that wouldn't mind having his services. Regardless of how another Hawks fan thinks about a player, you should be willing to root for any Hawks player. I know we all have guys we like more than others, and some guys we will always hate, just by the way they are, for whatever reason. If there was another player on the draft board that you liked better than Dickau, you should be mad at the front office. Since none of us knew we were going to make the draft day trade it's kinda hard to have that feeling. No one should really hate Dickau at this point. Unless you can tell me something about the guy, that he has done. I don't know how many people watched that Bucks/Hawks Game in the Shaw league, but I for one was impressed. Didn't expect that much from him. I kept up with all of his stats for the Shaw League. I liked the assists/turnover ratio. The talent in the Shaw League was weak, but a lot better than the college talent he faced. Just please don't hold where he was at in the draft against him, it really means nothing. It would have been funny to see these message boards after the Michael Jordan Draft. What if a fan from Jordan's Team told Bowie's Team Message Board that they goofed, and Michael Jordan would be the best player ever. That person would have been shot down, and lost ever bit of crediability from any board, including his own.

Most of the people who don't like Dickau are using it in the text as if he were starting for us. Just like the so called experts say from espn.com and so forth. Guys, he is our backup. He's not leading us to the championship. Terry will be at point and Dickau will develop under him. Eventually Dickau will be ready to step up and we'll have to make a decision(in a year or two). But either way, it's a good decision to have to make.

Noone said Dickau is going to save the season so don't get down on him BUT don't start saying he needs to start and lead us to the promised land. He's a rookie, who will backup as he learns the ropes, from our starter in Terry. If he ever gets to the point of being a great player, we'll discuss it then and wonder how lucky a team can get to get two great point guards.

Hotlantadude is an avid Jason Terry fan {so am I, by the

way} and the stupid comments about Dickau being our

"True" {Whatever that means} point guard and will lead

us to the promised land, that JT is no longer needed or

wanted is enough to make the blood boil.

I don't hate Dickau -- I, in fact, like the dude. I believe

that the brain thrust of the Hawks, the same ones who

have been making all those great trades recently, in their

desire to improve our Hawks, felt that Dickau was the

player that was available that could be the most help to

this team.

Just because some "Insiders" who write for the national

publications, notably ESPN & the Sporting News, seem

to think that they "Really" know what is going on, have

no more inside information than most of us. They make

up their mind about something and hang on to it like

a bulldog to a bone.