• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rumor from Real GM

TheRedStripes

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt it, but I don't think he will be that far off Elton Brand. IMO, Elton Brand has not been what you would expect of a number one overall pick. He's an above average power forward with super long arms and great hands, but he's an average athlete at best and doesn't dominate the game the way you would expect a number one pick to.

I don't think May will be the defender that Brand is, but I do feel that May runs the floor better, has hands that are just as good, and is better offensively in the low post than Brand is.

Quote:

It's a tough call. I can't honestly say that Deron Williams and Chris Paul are that much better, if any, than Raymond Felton.

Felton is obviously the more explosive player of the trio. He's the fastest in the open floor and probably has the best passing instincts of the bunch, though it would be close between Felton and Williams. Felton and Williams are also both very good on the ball defenders.

I think Felton will be a little more turnover prone, because he has the propensity to get out of control at times.

I love Sean May though. That guy is a beast down low. He won't be a star, but I think he somewhere in between Elton Brand and Carlos Boozer.

So, what's the problem with the rumored trade? Felton is an upgrade and May would be the interior enforcer that we need. I don't know these prospects very well, but both Felton and May have pretty good reviews. May has been compared to Charles Barkley ( a tough, undersized rebounder with a very good outside shot) ...not bad. Felton is a pass first PG with a developing outside shot. Assuming Harrington is too pricey to resign, having a player like May would be a good thing.

This team is so far off that a great prospect like Marvin will not turn the ship around. A great talent like Marvin would probably elevate the team to mediocre. Imagine that, a Hawks team that wins 50 games every year and gets spanked in the playoffs. Been there, done that.

Nothing wrong with the rumored trade. I believe in BK.

What if KB's perfect(BK has never made a mistake) GM, traded away the rights to KB's perfect player(Marvin is easily the most talented player ever, etc etc etc..)Its a good thing you are in med school because I am sure you will pass out if that happens..Just kidding KB..

.....Chris Reina, the author of this article, was the first to break the Richardson for Thomas deal the other day. He broke that story before any of the major media outlets. So, that goes to his credibility somewhat.

to feel comfortable not working him out and being comfortable with his game, not at all. I think thats the advantage we have here. We dont have to fully tip our hand by bringing in May because there is no doubt in my mind that Woody and Billy know as much about May as any scouts in the league.

Just to put my 2 cents into this trade, I HATE IT. Love the thought of getting May, but if we dont get one of the top 4 players from this draft I will be sick to my stomach. There is absolutely no excuse for it. If they want Marvin bad enough then they will make damn certain that they can give us the PG that we want, which I pray to God isnt Felton.

Last year he out-maneuvered everyone to get one of the best two players in the draft and it looks like he may pull it off this year as well.

Bernie wants Marvin more than Paul, Deron, or Felton plus anyone else that may also be available at 13 as well. Marvin is gold=enough said!

If Bernie turns out creating a playoff team sooner than us because of this trade..... If I am BK, I would be very nervous about this deal indeed.

I would rather have a PG that has that "it" quality, which both Deron and Paul have......and sorry, Felton doesnt have. IMO Felton is a consolation prize that I dont want. I have yet to hear a scout talk about either Deron or Paul and not refer to them as a special talent with star written on them. I dont hear that about Felton and certainly havent seen it firsthand.

Felton has that "it" about him as well. He's the best playmaker of the group because of his incredible court vision and his explosive quickness in the open floor. It's not a mystery that the one game he missed last season, against Santa Clara, North Carolina lost.

Raymond Felton is very similar to Kevin Johnson. Super fast, runs the fast break better than anyone, gets into the lane at will, and can control the tempo of the game.

did you just call Felton the best playmaker of the group? Just because they lost a game that he didnt play doesnt mean anything. Its very hard to play your same game when you lost your PG, no matter how good he is. However I bet if they would have gone 10 games without him they would have been fine. Probably not as good as with him, but they would have still been winning.

Anyways, thats just an insane statement that you made about Felton being the best playmaker of the 3. I swear your flip flop more than John Kerry dude. Maybe I missed it, but did you respond to that post Diesel found of yours where you were praising Deron and calling for us to draft him? What happened to that??

I don't dislike any of the point guards, but don't kid yourself into thinking that Deron Williams and Chris Paul are so superior to Raymond Felton that making a deal to get Felton would be a bad deal. It would be no more of a bad deal as a deal to get Deron or Chris would be. Either way, the Hawks would be passing on the best player in the draft.