• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rumor from Real GM

TheRedStripes

" A deal that is contingent on Andrew Bogut being drafted by the Milwakee Bucks appears to be in place where the Hawks will send the rights to Marvin Williams to the Bobcats in exchange for the rights to Raymond Felton at five and their favorite available power forward at thirteen. "

I hope to God this is not true...Felton??? why on earth would they take Felton over Paul, If Deron and Paul were both gone id rather they keep Marvin, than get Felton, and I have been anti-marvin all the way

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe this would be an incredible mistake if a deal were to be made, however, I will chalk this up as an internet rumor at this point.

Link

Mike Woodson may be pushing hard to get Sean May, and the Hawks can probably get him at 13, but the Hawks would be taking a serious decline in available talent by making this deal.

I'm not one that believes there is a lot separating Raymond Felton from Chris Paul and Deron Williams. In fact, outside of his lack of size, his ability to push the ball up the floor fits what the Hawks want to do better than either of the other two point guards. The whole point here is that Atlanta will drop down and get two solid players as opposed to getting a star player in Marvin Williams if this trade was made.

There are probably about 1000 different trade scenarios out there right now. I would have to say that this one would be the most disappointing to me personally. It makes me wonder what's the point of going through that terrible season, landing the #2 pick and the opportunity to draft a star quality player, only to trade it off for more question marks and mediocre players. I would not understand such a move, and in fact it would really really piss me off.

I agree, I'm hoping this is an internet rumor as well. I can see Paul or DWil at 5, but Felton??? As far as know, we haven't even worked out Felton. I'm on the Deron bandwagon, but I'd sooner just keep MWil if the best we can do is Felton and a big. Man I hope GG gets drafted #3.

It's a tough call. I can't honestly say that Deron Williams and Chris Paul are that much better, if any, than Raymond Felton.

Felton is obviously the more explosive player of the trio. He's the fastest in the open floor and probably has the best passing instincts of the bunch, though it would be close between Felton and Williams. Felton and Williams are also both very good on the ball defenders.

I think Felton will be a little more turnover prone, because he has the propensity to get out of control at times.

I love Sean May though. That guy is a beast down low. He won't be a star, but I think he somewhere in between Elton Brand and Carlos Boozer.

Quote:

If that happens I swear as much as I love the Hawks ( have been a fan since I was born) I will just completely give up on them.

That was my immediate reaction too. I mean it's like what's the point. Why even bother being a fan of a team that it sometimes seems doesn't even try to get better. May as well just become a Clippers fan. It couldn't be any more painful, and the dumbass nature of this rumored trade totally reminds me of something the Clips would do.

• Premium Member

If any of this is true...

Then they are probably sensing that Paul and Deron will be gone by #5 and are using the logic that Felton isn't far behind either one.

I smell smokescreen though. All this is doing is setting up the bargaining table. BK is saying we've got 5 and 13 on the table, we will take Felton, somebody do better. I like Ray, but I would be surprised if we walked away from this thing with him.

I've never seen Felton compared to Jacque Vaughn. I've seen comparisons range from TJ Ford with better offense to Tony Parker, but I have never seen him compared to Jacque Vaughn.

Felton is one of the quickest and fastest points guards that has entered the draft in a long time. His lane agility time was 10.50 and his 3/4th court sprint time was 3.06 seconds.

You asked about Sean May earlier:

6'8 1/2", 259 lbs, 33 inch vertical, 11.04 seconds lane agility, 3.29 seconds 3/4th court sprint time. May isn't out of shape and is very athletic for his size.

I don't know about #5 but I know I would like May at #13. Use Harrington and Lakers pick to worry about a Center. Use Boris and #31 to get Randolph Morris.

Deron Williams (Chris Paul)

Josh Childress

Josh Smith

Sean May

????/Randolph Morris

May's beefiness will allow us to go athletic at Center (Dalembert or Chandler) and his offensive skill set will allow us to have an athlete lacking skills at SF. (Smoove)

Felton kind of reminds me of Robert Pack. Faster than hell and loves to aggressively push it up the floor at all times, but often out of control with the result being too many turnovers, mental mistakes and poor shots.

I'll take a steady and reliable point guard any day of the week. I don't need a jet back there, you don't have to have that in order to be a quality point.

• Premium Member

It influences the key drafting position for us in this draft - #3. If we are targeting Williams or Paul, and we have our sights set on the 5/13 deal that Charlotte has on the table...then Portland might be more inclined to take someone else; rather than gamble on being able to deal with us for one of those PGs.

What's really good is that NOBODY knows which PG we prefer. So honestly, if all these guys are interested in MWilliams...then, at best, they'll have to guess which PG they should select to get the deal done.

Deron Williams can pass the ball up the court faster than any PG has ever been able to dribble the ball up the court in the history of the NBA!! Give me a PG that can be successful in the halfcourt set as well as out on the break.......that would be Deron and Paul. Felton is too out of control for my tastes. I know he plays a little different than JT, but he just reminds me too much of him with his playmaking skills....and thats not something I want to have around here again.