• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks are working out Ukic today!

Yeti

What does that mean? If it is not all smoke, then maybe Billy is working to get another pick to get Ukic. That would mean Deron/Paul are not the #2 pick - it would probably be Marvin. Note they didn't workout Felton or Jack (that I know of).

And maybe it is just a coincidence that Ukic will now be in town on draft day - but it WOULD be convenient for a press conference.

The mysteries of Billy Knight will be revealed in 10 hours.

yeti

The anticipation is killin me.

I really like BK. He has this uncanny abilitiy to put on a poker face.

He definately surprised me last year when he drafted Childress and that definately caught me by surprise.

I have to admit, BK's drafting is more exciting than Babcock's drafting. I'm excited and only a few more hours until the Hawks select their #2 pick.

First of all, BK is not taking Felton at #5 so I don't think we have to worry about that. Everytime BK has been interviewed he has referred to this draft having a top '4' players. We all know which 4 he is talking about. As far as Jack, BK can take a stroll outside of Philips for lunch and go have a chat with Jack. He knows a whole lot about Jack I guarantee. I'm really starting to think our draft will turn out like this:

Marvin Williams

Jarrett Jack

I can't say I would not be pleased with that. I'd be willing to use the #2, #31, #59, Delk, Boris and maybe a future 2nd to make that draft happen.

Reading into this it could mean that we have decided on Marvin and wanted to look into Ukic to see what his value is. If we are blown away by Ukic we might make more of an effort to move up for him. If we are lukewarm on Ukic than you either stay at #31 or only move up a few spots for him.

I think they didn't work out Jack because BK didn't need to. He's probably seen enough of him during his time at GT.

A workout the day of the draft means you are interested in that player. Maybe BK already has a couple of scenarios worked out for getting a mid first rounder.

Quote:

I have to admit, BK's drafting is more exciting than Babcock's drafting.

well, it's just different. With BK I'm excited to know how he plans on building this team. With Babcock I'm excited to know just how bad he'll be able to screw us.

So it's just different...

As far as Ukic, I'm guessing that BK wants to see what he can really do in person. I'm sure BK knows what Jack can do, and I'm sure he's seen him play a number of times as he's in town. This way BK knows what he's getting when he tries to squirm his way into the late first to get a PG

Yea BK is a mystery. But he does know his players. Thing about Ukic is Toronto by reports wants him as well. If they can hold on to that 16th pick, reports are they will take him.

Like you said 10 hrs and counting, man I enjoy the drafts now that Knight is in charge!

• Premium Member

Jack will be gone either:

at Pick 10, Pick 14 or Pick 16.

I really think Minny has penciled Jack in at 14... He's tough and McHale likes tough players. You guys believing he will be around til 20 are fooling yourself. Jack is almost guaranteed of being reunited with Bosh if he gets to 16.

If we can't steal Ukic I'll pick up John Gilchrist. The only knock on him is his attitude in which I think wouldn't be too much of a problem. The only problem I see with his attitude is that he wants to win and there's nothing wrong with that plus we can knab him in the second round and If he doesn't act right he just let him go after a year. He's better than what we have now.

Gilchrist is working out with Ukic (allegedly). And yes Jack did interview here last week. I bet BK has seen alot of Jack and Woody was raving about Jack during a radio interview I heard over the weekend. The quote that stood out from Woody was about how Jack "played the type of D we like". It is tough to gauge Jack b/c mocks have him all over the board. I saw alot of Tech games and Jack could check any of the other point guards in the ACC.

falc I beleive thats correct(according to someone who saw it on the news.) I'm sure they know everything about Jack and then some. I just hope the hawks are fortunate enough to grab a quality pg. It helps that Luther Head's stock is goin way up(projected to go in the teens according to draftexpress latest rumors.) You may see him here or he will go to someone else and push a nice pg down to the Hawks, if indeed they trade into the middle to late first round.